Heavy Music Files on Droid X

lonestarcook

Reaction score
I recently transferred about 8gb worth of music to my Droid X. First off, the music files aren't showing up and second, my phone is now completely effed up. Crashing, non-responsive, dropping calls, freezing for 20-30 seconds at a time. Never had these problems until I tried to load this music on my phone this morning. The SD card is a 16gb, so I'm only using about half of that for music. My iPod got stolen recently, so instead of buying a new one, I was hoping to just use my Droid X. All files were either purchased directly from iTunes or ripped from store bought CD's, so I don't think it could be a virus. I have an anti-virus program installed and have had it installed since the day I bought my phone. Has anyone had this problem or experienced similar difficulties. Anyone know of any remedies?

I just paid $4.99 for the PowerAMP full version app, which is a great little music player, but it seems like a wasteful investment if my phone is jacked up!

Help!!!

JustisLewis

Reaction score
First, delete the antivirus app (there are no known viruses for Android and those apps are known to cause problems), and if you have a task killer delete it too (android has a native task killer and automated task killers are also known to cause problems). Reboot the phone and see if you are still having the same issues

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
L

lonestarcook

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for the quick post. I'll try that and see what happens. Will post again with an update tomorrow.