Heavy data use = $100 discount

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by tjarvis, Mar 15, 2012.

1. tjarvis

tjarvis New Member

So, called verizon to upgrade for my ne2 and was notified that if I upgrade to a 4g device they would give me an extra $100 off. That plus my $50 for the ne2 means I got a rezound for $50 :) talked nice to the telesales lady and got an extended battery thrown in for $20! They considered me using 3-4gb a month as a heavy user here in raleigh nc. I've been getting throttled every month so i'm looking forward to 4g speeds as opposed to my throttled 3g pulling about half a mb both ways. Anyways, just giving a heads up...no harm in asking.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  2. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

There was another recent post about this too. The user was using a few more GB per month, so the fact 3-4 GB will qualify is interesting to me. Glad you were able to get the extra discount and enjoy your new phone.
  3. 6bolt2g

6bolt2g Member

The 3g is so slow in my area, I couldn't use 1gb of bandwidth if I tried. :frown: They add thousands of lines and don't upgrade towers.
  4. zomnomnombie

zomnomnombie Active Member

The throttling/data usage proportion is tower/area specific. Different amounts of usage would be affected in different areas.

5. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

As Vulc said... and good to hear a second story like this to validate the fact that it's happening!
  6. tjarvis

tjarvis New Member

When i'm not throttled (rare) I was getting about 1.5mb down and very close to 2mb up. I work 12hr shifts at night with no internet access so I can easily eat through data even when i'm throttled. But yeah def not a hoax, I couldn't afford to pay for a top end phone otherwise...i'm a paycheck away from broke every month lol.

7. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator Premium Member

Throttling only happens on 3G. 4G/LTE is not throttled and there's even a "hack" for the 3G throttling. So enjoy your data bro..and if you're not unlimited. Sign up for the unlimited 4G hotspot(and cancel it later) and you keep unlimited 4G for your phone :)
  8. tjarvis

tjarvis New Member

Yeah i'm looking forward to not being throttled lol, and I wouldn't give up my unlimited data for anything. Never had a need for tethering or a hotspot, but good info either way. It's funny though that when my wife got her stratosphere with 4g her data usage tripled, so i'm sure mine will as well. Honestly those new 2gb (4gb deal now) is a joke, whoever got stuck with that on a 4g phone will be going over. I'm looking forward to rooting and roming when it comes...it's one of the big reasons I kept with android, even after that disaster I had named eris! Bluh, what a turd...

9. ozo012

ozo012 New Member

Checkout Unthrottle (aka Powerboost) over on the Rootzwiki forums. It works with a Droid 2 rather easily.
  10. tjarvis

tjarvis New Member

No need, rezound came in Monday afternoon. Rooted and debloated by midnight :) what an upgrade!

Sent from rezound