heat question

TheBigBlueBox

Reaction score
I know that heat from the Droid is normal when in use, but I think mine might be getting too hot. I've seen it get as high as 107 when web browsing or watching YouTube. It also feels really hot in the back of the phone above the battery near the camera. Also the battery drains ridiculously quick when browsing.... 10% every 10-15 minutes. I've disabled Bluetooth, GPS, wifi, etc.. and lowered the brightness. Is what I'm experiencing normal?

sportadic22

Reaction score
are u rooted... stock... overclocked...anything? im trying to remember what my temps were before i rooted and overclocked. but for me (over clocked) 107 is a norm.for me. lol ive been trying to figure out what normal temps are for diff kernels.. but for the stock base phone.. im not so sure. if for you..the HIGHEST uve seen is 107... then your prob doing ok.. because ive gotten up to about 130f before :p and im overclocked.
i do notice web browsing seems to drain my battery tho... maybe 10 percent every 20 mins... 25... depends if im doing alot of web searching.. or just reading one long page.

OP
TheBigBlueBox

TheBigBlueBox

Reaction score
I'm rooted but not overclocked. I use setcpu to underclock when idle but that's it.