headset sound bugged? (rooted GB rom)

chasehammer

Reaction score
I just installed the rooted gingerbread rom.

I am having some issues with sound coming through the headset. Its very low and turning the sound up and down doesnt change the sound level. If its high up its low if its all the way down its the same volume. I have looked all over for a setting but didnt find one.

I had no issues with this before i installed the rom.

Any insight?

OP
chasehammer

chasehammer

Reaction score
bah screw this im going back to Froyo. now just have to figure out how.

How do I go back to stock?

louy99

Reaction score
If you're rooted and made a backup, flash back...or sbf back to stock unrooted

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
chasehammer

chasehammer

Reaction score
i tried to restore a backup i made a couple weeks ago and it messed up and then went to a half boot, i couldnt load back into bootstrap i had to go into regular recovery and wipe data.

i didnt try it again but i guess i can try.

louy99

Reaction score
If you have never sbf'ed, I recommend you do. That way if your phone ever messes up, you won't panic and can fix it easily. It only takes a few minutes to sbf.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
chasehammer

chasehammer

Reaction score
no i have never done it. i really dont know what it is, ive seen it around a bit but never looked into it.

note: i just wiped and tried to restore my backup and now stuck in bootloop. so im going to try and put my GB backup back and hope its not totally fried.

OP
chasehammer

chasehammer

Reaction score
sorry for the double posts but i did get back to my GB backup and its fine.

I love some of the things in gingerbread but i think i like froyo better until they fix little crap. I just noticed my contacts are unlinked and when i click on the contacts it just goes back to the home screen.

I really hope i can figure out SBF and get back to froyo and if im lucky install starwars back on it. :icon_evil:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The sound issue can be resolved by turning the phone off and back on.

OP
chasehammer

chasehammer

Reaction score
that doesnt work

i found out what it is. if my phone (main volume) is down then the headset is down. if i turn the main volume up then its fine but i cant have my main speaker up at work so thats why i depended on the headset but now i cant hear anything so its pointless. the cons outway the pros in this case.

just so im clear to SBF, get 2.3.20 droid2 sbf. then install StarWars FULL rom on top of that..then im hoping to use my froyo backup and see if it works.

Inverse

Reaction score
Main speaker? Headset volume? What?

You have specific volumes available to your Android device.

Alarm Volume, Music/Media Volume, Alerts/Notifications Volume, Ringer Volume, System Volume and Voice Call Volume.

What do you mean by "main" volume? Ringer? Ringer volume is the default if no media is playing. The headset is no different than your main speaker, it is the exact same thing as far as Android is concerned. Are you sure ALL of your volume selections are turned up? Not just your Ring Volume?

Download Audio Manager widget if you are not absolutely sure you have all available channels at their loudest setting.

OP
chasehammer

chasehammer

Reaction score
there is a Phone Volume, Notification, Alarm volumes.

on GB apparently the phone volume controls the in-call volume regardless of what you set it at when using a headset because it didnt matter. anyways it sucks amd im tired of it.