1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Headset or Headphones ?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by DogPaw, Nov 25, 2009.

1. DogPaw

DogPaw New Member

I just went to plug my headset in from my Moto Q and noticed the plug is the standard headphone the same as on the side of my mp3 player. This is great as I can just use standard headphones for listing to music and movies but can a headset be used with the Droid? Do I need to get an adapter for my current headset or do I need to purchase a completely new one?
  2. brandon4256

brandon4256 New Member

Just get a new set. I use sony fontopia and they sound awesome for $30. An adapter would just add bulk.
  3. TheShaz

TheShaz New Member

Another question would be. Would a plug in headset take less battery juice than a BT stereo headset? I have a Jabra BT8010, unfortunatly it was left in my pocket and it went thru the wash :mad:

So I have the price of a new BT Stero headset $$$ or standard stereo wired headsets.

I do have a Motorola T505 BT FM adapter for the car - I just got the DROID yesterday and paired it with the T505 - works great. :icon_ banana:

So I think I might get a pair of standard headsets to save funds and then replace by BT stereo headsets later down the road.
  4. DogPaw

DogPaw New Member

So I am guessing I can use my old headset as long as I pick up a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adaptor. I will be able to use the headphones as well as the mic and controls.
  5. brandon4256

brandon4256 New Member

If your headset has a 2.5 it should work with an adapter to 3.5. Just make sure the jack on the adapter has 3 rings. And yes, wired will use a little less battery power.