Headset adapter

bad4u

Reaction score
Been searching around and havent been able to find the headset im looking for. Does anyone know if this type is avail. I want to use my phillips earbuds, lov em, but im looking for some type of adapter like I used to use on my iphone. Its just a cable with a mic, about 2 ft long, and you plug your normal headphones in it. has a single button to answer calls or hang up, also able to double click when listening to music to skip tracks. This is the main feature im looking for. I tried the headset I used to use on my iphone on the droid and it does answer calls with the click but will only pause and start songs, it wont skip tracks. Is this just a lacking droid function. I had the tmobile mytouch and was running 1.6 donut and it worked.

Any help is much appreciated.

furiousDingo

Reaction score
I saw something like you're talking about at RadioShack (by their house brand), costs about $15. I was thinking of doing the same thing. I wasn't sure whether the Droid supported the earbud mic controls out of the box (plus I'm interested in music controls as well), so I bought Shure SE115 instead of the mic'd ones, although Shure sells the mic alone that you plug your headphones into for about $30 - Amazon.com: Shure MPA-3C Music Phone Adapter for iPhone: Electronics

I'm not sure that the music controls work on the Droid, although MixZing's settings imply that it can handle music controls.