Heads up: PS3 Jailbreak wiki tracker!

OP
P

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Newest/easiest way to install

Motorola Droid - PSFreedom Wiki

Just flash update.zip no more need to use ADB,and remember to make a nandroid backup.

Came here to report it. I just used it successfully with the latest Simply Stunning.

You MUST have a nandroid backup to restore normal USB functionality back to the phone... so it unfortunately isn't a simple homebrew app solution at the moment.

OP
P

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Heh, I'm actually thinking it's no big deal to leave the exploit in my phone... it still charges, it just won't enable USBMass... but I can use Websharing for file system access.

Hopefully though, this will be refined into a simple app that can be started/quit on demand (if that's possible), and further still, I hope a PSP port is coming.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Can you disconnect your phone from the PS3 after you've launched a game? Or does it have to remain plugged in the whole time?

OP
P

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Can you disconnect your phone from the PS3 after you've launched a game? Or does it have to remain plugged in the whole time?

You can unplug the phone as soon as the XMB is up and you verify that "Install Package Files" is in your Game menu. dancedroid

joeybarclay

Reaction score
i found the manager. it works fine on UD8. its kinda a waste for others peoples ps3s because as soon as my friend restarted his ps3 the backup manager didnt work.

Last edited:

joeybarclay

Reaction score
the newest firmware has been jailbroken will the fix come to the droid?

Briankbl

Reaction score
Omg........ guys................................... igotitworkingZOMGTHISISCRAZY!!!!!

My Droid saved me $100+ dollars for not having to buy the official Jailbreak USB stick. The setup couldn't have been simpler!

Last edited:

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Omg........ guys................................... igotitworkingZOMGTHISISCRAZY!!!!!

My Droid saved me $100+ dollars for not having to buy the official Jailbreak USB stick. The setup couldn't have been simpler!

when i did it to my friends when he turned off his ps3 and tryed to open up the manager it gave him an error do we have to turn on the ps3 with the droid connected each time?

Briankbl

Reaction score

when i did it to my friends when he turned off his ps3 and tryed to open up the manager it gave him an error do we have to turn on the ps3 with the droid connected each time?

Yeah, you have to attach the Droid on each bootup.

OP
P

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Yeah... you guys might also notice this is a full kernel replacement. It limits overclocking to 800mhz (I previously had a LV 1.0ghz kernel). So SetCPU users might want to open it up and redo the auto-detect command, and adjust your profiles if needed.

Other than that, it's all good.

The wiki states that you cannot charge your phone with this installed, but that is not true... my phone charges fine.

You DO lose the ability to use USBMass. But, I have Websharing and can access all my files via WiFi that way. So I'm just leaving the kernel installed.

tigeredwards

Reaction score
I got the email from Gadget Asia today. They have begun to dispatch the original PS Jailbreak. Cheers!!!!!!!!

Dear Customer,

The psjailbreak has arrived! First, we would like to apologize for the delay. We would like to thank for your understanding that it was the distributor who keep delay us.

We are sending this email to make sure you will receive it as soon as possible, please read the following carefully.

1. For all customers who tell us you are willing to wait for this device, or not yet reply our previous email, you are the first batch of customer who will receive your order. Once you receive your tracking number, please wait 1-2 days until it works as the courier needs time to update. Please try NOT to send us email as our email has been overloaded.

2. For customers chosen refund but now change your mind, please DO reply this email and quote your order ID, we will also arrange shipment immediately.

3. For those customers who stays with a refund decision, please DO reply this email and quote your order ID for a refund. We will do that but please allow sometime.

Home - Gadget Asia

tigeredwards

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I received the original PS Jaiblreak ordered from Home - Gadget Asia. It works very well with my PS3, whose firmware stays as 3.41. I have backed up several favorite games to the HDD. We also received emails from them saying the producers had been working to upgrade the mod chip. It seems to be compatible with 3.42 and 3.5, but I'm worried to try it, so I keep the firmware as 3.41". Hope it will be upgraded soon.[/FONT]

smokiedabong

Reaction score
70$ for a dongle !? With that kind of money I can get a second Droid and use that as a dongle . It can also be used as a mp3 player , camera , portable game system , GPS , VoIP phone etc.