Heads up on the TV out cable...

xBBuser

Reaction score
I can tell you that the cable HTC makes and sells for the Touch Pro2 does not fit the Incredible.

I purchased one before the phone was delivered hoping it would be compatible. It's not, has a different shape/plug.

Anyone have info on where a cable that works for the Inc can be purchased?

OP
X

xBBuser

Reaction score
Is this the one you bought?
Amazon.com: OEM HTC TV Out Cable : Cell Phones & Service
has the standard mini usb end which would be same i believe

That is the same one

Incredible uses MicroUSB.

Yeah, I think we all know that. Problem was that the listing I bought the TV out cable from didn't say what size/type connector it fit. Suppose if I had dug deeper I would have found out.

No big deal, just passing on my findings so you guys know not to go down that road....

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thats messed up cuz it says compatible with the Droid Eris. I thought the Eris used MicroUSB? It never mentioned needing an adapter for the Eris.

OP
X

xBBuser

Reaction score
I think you're right about the Eris and micro USB. If you look at the Inc usb port you'll see it has a different shape in the metal sleeve around the port. That shape does not match up with the one on the end of the TV out cable. The end on this cable is more square all around but one corner edge is at a 45 degree angle.

robdroid

Reaction score
Thats messed up cuz it says compatible with the Droid Eris. I thought the Eris used MicroUSB? It never mentioned needing an adapter for the Eris.

You may be able to get (far less expensively) a USB Mini female to a USB Micro male gender changer?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea he could, but that Amazon ad was either worded wrong or deceptive. He should be able to to get his money back if he wanted to.