Headphones

mack19318

Reaction score
Have the OG D1 and my new job is a lot louder than my last and have been looking for better head phones. Something that amplifies the signal. Using dsp manager already on the droid and it still isn't loud enough!
Any body have any ideas? Went through a few pairs of sony, tried nike and skullcandy and none of them where loud enough.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
You might have to come up with some extra dough and get some nice noise canceling headphones. Bose or klipsch are both very well made. I have some klipsch earbuds and I love them.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

OP
mack19318

mack19318

Reaction score
So the noise canceling isn't bs? I have never gotten to try a pair before. Will check them out thanks!

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I would be worried about the health of your ears if you went any louder, you definitely need to find some with good noise cancellation.

Sent from the hand of zeus!

OP
mack19318

mack19318

Reaction score
Wow! Those are expensive! Any place to try them out? Like bestbuy or sams club?

darkmatter

Reaction score
Instead of noise canceling, you could get noise isolation earbuds. I have a pair from ultimate ears that I love. Noise isolation can work better than cancelation too...not to mention being cheaper.

I used to work in a VERY noisy environment, and used noise isolation buds along with muffs (the kind you'd wear to a shooting range). Nothing but pure music.

OP
mack19318

mack19318

Reaction score
Instead of noise canceling, you could get noise isolation earbuds. I have a pair from ultimate ears that I love. Noise isolation can work better than cancelation too...not to mention being cheaper.

I used to work in a VERY noisy environment, and used noise isolation buds along with muffs (the kind you'd wear to a shooting range). Nothing but pure music.
Thanks for this tip! Will save me a lot of money!

Detonation

Reaction score
I use the headphones linked below. Super cheap, block out a lot of noise, but some people may complain they are too bass heavy or muddy sounding. And they aren't the most durable - one of the ears usually goes out after 5-6 months of use, but at $5 I can afford to be careless and replace them multiple times (versus buying one pair at $20-30).

Amazon.com: Coby CVE92 Isolation Stereo Earphones: Electronics

And these are basically the same exact headphones but they come with 3 different size ear pieces, which is useful for me since I need the smallest ones:
Amazon.com: JBuds Hi-Fi Noise-Reducing Ear Buds (Black): Electronics

OP
mack19318

mack19318

Reaction score
Thanks Detonation!
Way cheaper than I was thinking! Will give the second link a try and using the dsp manager in perfect elite rom I think I can drop the bass down.

OP
mack19318

mack19318

Reaction score
the noise isolating earbuds I picked up are from koss and are great! $12 and the foam ear piece's are very comfortable and feel nice and secure!
Thanks detonation!