Headphones unplug, but not physically?

TheCheeks

Reaction score
So a few google searches and it seems people have had headphone issues, but those seemed to be software related. I'm on OTA 2.2 and I'm having more of a hardware issue. My music would pause ALL the time while skating around town, thought it was a software issue. Then I thought "maybe it's a hardware issue...".

Using Tasker I told it to pop up a message everytime it thinks the headphones get plugged in or out. HOLY CRAP. Every tiny nudge on it gives me my Tasker message. I have NEVER dropped my phone, there's not a single scratch, it's still mint.

Just wondering if people have noticed it's more of a hardware problem. And how should I deal with this, bring it in to the store? The Verizon store isn't too close, but if that's what I need to do, I will (bought it 3-4 months ago. Will they swap the phone? Is it possible to switch phones to a similar price? I'd consider the Inc so I can have ROMs).

dadarkside

Reaction score
i've noticed this happening too. i was very wary of this since i heard the headphone jack on the original droid was prone to coming loose.

yesterday i would just "look" at the headphone jack and the music would stop. i took the headphone jack out, blew into the hole (ala Nintendo cartridges) and then wiped my headphone jack down with my shirt.

plugging it back in, i couldn't get the music to stop again.

in my case it is definitely hardware. i will try the blow and wipe method again when it starts acting funny.

OP
T

TheCheeks

Reaction score
Anyone who is wondering this too, make a simple Tasker task to verify for yourself.
Wondering if this is happening to more people (hardware not software).

steeveegee

Reaction score
get yourself a can of air or duster
blowing in the hole with your mouth will cause moisture which can mess things up
and i would make sure to pull the battery before using the canned air too
just my opinion

jimgreco87

Reaction score
I was just about to make a thread about this. I've been using my X while running lately and it does it a lot. Some times I cant even get it into my pocket without the music stopping.