Headphones no longer working?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by jaxjaggywires, Nov 18, 2011.

1. jaxjaggywires

jaxjaggywires Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I've tried a couple different kinds of headphones, trying to listen to music/podcasts, and the sound just comes out through the phones speaker...? Was working as of a couple days ago. Only software change I've made in that time was the Music app update, but this is affecting any sounds, even from other apps.

Anyone else having this problem? Sounds like a possible hardware thing, as the headphones just seem to not be registering as having been plugged in...

2. tgall

tgall New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am also having the same problem with my bionic. One day the headphones were working the next day they just quit. I tried a couple of different headphones with no luck. Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

3. julius386

julius386 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having the same problem. Occasionally I can hear through the headphones but when I do the sound is just terrible. When I play music it sounds like whoever is singing is doing so through a pillow and the rest of the sound is way to loud and distorted. Yes I've tried every adjustment possible with the equalizer to no avail. I can only hear through the headphones about half of the time when I plug them in. Tried multiple headphones.

This sounds like hardware problems rather similar to those I had with the OG Droid. Hoping this isn't a hardware problem. ...Then again, if it is a hardware problem maybe I'll wait till they come out with the Droid 4, send in mine as defective and possible get a newer and better shiny in the mail.

...but all joking aside how the crap do we fix this?

Search tags for this page
android earphone no sound one side
android headphone no sound
android next book ear phone not working

android no sound headphones

droid x2 headphone one side
droid x2 speakers work headphones do not

headphones no longer work

no headphones on droid 3
no sound in headphones android
one side working on headphone on htc incredible