Headphone static and blips when using launcher

dhinged

Reaction score
I had my earbuds in with nothing playing and I was just tapping around the launcher and dock checking out apps when I noticed the earbuds would make a little clip noise when I first tapped an icon and then after a couple of seconds of no activity. It was like the Razr was disabling the headphones when there was no audio and enabling them when there was, but causing these annoying blips and clips. This doesn't happen on other phones; I can only assume it's something Motorola installed. Is there a setting for this?

Byakushiki

Reaction score
No, this happens on pretty much every phone. It's worse with really sensitive IEMs like Westone's UM series and customs. Same issue occurs with UE's earphones/IEM's (I'm looking at you, TripleFi10...)

Breakfast beats worrying.

OP
dhinged

dhinged

Reaction score
No, this happens on pretty much every phone. It's worse with really sensitive IEMs like Westone's UM series and customs. Same issue occurs with UE's earphones/IEM's (I'm looking at you, TripleFi10...)

Breakfast beats worrying.

This never happened on my Droid, didn't happen on any of the phones I tested at Verizon (I only tested smartphones), and I'm assuming it didn't happen on your Droid 2 since you didn't mention it. I'm assuming this is a problem with the Razr and dumbphones.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
It happened on pretty much any device that had a headphone out port for me, might just be again the headphones. iDevices were no exception either. Probably just sensitivity again. The pop noise was virtually unnoticeable on less sensitive gear though. Pretty much didn't notice it on a K701.