headphone output

silver5liter

Reaction score
Has there been discussion about the weak headphone output on these phones? When compared to my old Droid DNA its like i have the volume at 75% on full blast. Anything i can do to make it better without rooting?

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I noticed the same exact thing with my Nexus 5. I am pretty sure the hardware is more or less the same. I am back on my Moto X right now. Sound is poor on the output jack and earpiece on the N5. The Moto X works beautifully in this regard.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has there been discussion about the weak headphone output on these phones? When compared to my old Droid DNA its like i have the volume at 75% on full blast. Anything i can do to make it better without rooting?
Have you tried Power Amp music player? You can crank up the gain. Same thing with MX Player for videos
Both have free versions to try before buy

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

OP
S

silver5liter

Reaction score
My problem is this is mostly getting used with Pandora while im mowing my yard. My DNA I could completely not hear my mower with my skullcandy crushers. My G2 can barely play over the mower.

rkirk

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
razr maxx

Not without rooting that I know of. However, there has been several discussions on xda about this exact topic. And yes they have a solution (rooted), http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2482750.
They're are several other a available as well.
Good luck