1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Headphone jack problems

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid MAXX' started by Engine1sharK, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Engine1sharK

Engine1sharK New Member

Within the last few weeks I've been having issues with my headphones losing connection at the slightest movement. Simply having my phone in my pocket at the gym causes me to lose my tunes very frequently. At first I thought it may be the headphones but I have tried several pair and they all do the same.

Thoughts?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  2. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Have you tried checking inside the jack for lint or other debris?? Using a straw and sucking will often pull it out..or an ear bulb..ya know..for cleaning wax out of your ear??

Another thing to try is power off the phone and take your headphone plug and apply some alcohol to it and plug it in and move it all around...unplug and replug it in several times...this will remove the electrolysis off of the plug and put of the jack connection..

You might try electrical contact cleaner..but avoid spraying it down inside the device..I've heard horror stories but I've also heard others say its a miracle cure..I say if alcohol on the plug doesn't do it..get the device warrantied..

I constantly plug my phone into my amplifier for practicing, via the headphone jack, and I also am constantly shoving my westones in it too..and mines holding up so far .

at the gym..careful about the sweat...

That's all I've got..hope this helps..
  3. rustydog

rustydog Member

Look at the plug shank when installed you should not see any of the gold part when installed. Debris block proper insertion. Clean as 94lt1 suggests.
Search tags for this page

droid dna by htc headphone jack problems

droid dna headphone jack problems

droid maxx headphone jack

how to repair earphone jack on htc rezound

htc dna earphone jack not working