1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Headphone jack not functioning since I installed?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Vsanthos, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Vsanthos

Vsanthos New Member

So, I installed GPA19 last night. I did a full wipe, all that stuff. I must say the performance increase on my Droid is night and day. I have one issue, though. It might not even be a software problem, but I'm curious if it could be possible. After installing, I never tried my headphones. Today I disassembled my phone because the power button has been flaky and I wanted to reseat it. After I put it back together I tried to listen to some music and the phone just acts like they were never plugged in. I took it apart another 3-4 times to check the prongs on the 3.5mm jack, but everything looks good. Could this just be an issue from the new ROM or kernel? I can find no physical reasoning for it (I admit that I'm an amateur, even if I consider myself very experienced with electronic tinkering.). Any advice or opinions would be wonderful and thanks in advance!
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  2. mjones73

mjones73 New Member

I use my headphones daily with GPA19, no issues. My guess is the jack isn't making contact correctly.
  3. Vsanthos

Vsanthos New Member

Hrm. Well, I took it apart to make sure, everything still seems to be good. One thing that strikes me as odd, is if the connection was poor, wouldn't it more likely just be one channel, or interference? And, I get no sort of response even when I wiggle the headphones in the jack, no split-second noises from the headphones, nothing at all. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me that it could be a hardware issue.
  4. googlelover

googlelover New Member

Well the OG Droid had been extremely notorious for having a bad headphone Jack, maybe yours just decided to die at the perfect time to make you think it was your rom? Have you tried flashing a new rom yet?
  5. morningglory

morningglory New Member

Glad i never had to go there, I'm running stereo Bluetooth straight to my mixing desk.. it sounds top shelf whilst i hunker down to keep and store my vinyl in .wav
    Did you know that most capacitive stylus's not only come with a cheap pen?, they also have a very short tether to plug into your headphone jack.............I could have forced it in, but rather.... ripped it off my pencil...
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
Search tags for this page

installled new rom now headphone jack doesnt work

why isn't my droid headphone plug not working