Headaches from using Droid X - do cell phones make you sick?

Dadidaduda

Reaction score
Hi, I don't usually have headaches but since I purchased Droid X I get them all the time... For real! Sometimes they are very intense and I noticed that I get them when I'm on the phone a lot. Especially when I use GPS tracking.

I try to keep the phone away from me when I sleep now. I wonder if the thing is making me sick...
I went Online and read about radiation stuff (SAR) and looks like Droid X has 1.48 SAR rating which is almost the legal limit in the US. US legal SAR limit that cell phones can emit is 1.6.

They say there are "no real reasons to believe that cell phones create health hazards", but come on.. that's what they used to say about flu vaccines and modified foods.. I'd like to at least be aware of the fact that this could be dangerous. I'll probably still use it;),,, but it would be my choice..

Anyone else has the same problem, or am I just making this up...?

rlfitz

Reaction score
there could be something to those stories you read about cell phone radiation. who knows for sure? try not using the phone for a few days and see what happens.

titans1

Reaction score
That's funny . Even the 1.6 is not a health hazard. Your body wouldnt even notice it.

sent from my refrigerator I'm hungry

mike3991

Reaction score
My older brother is having the same problem he also has the droid x. He's on his all day.

Sent from my Ally

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just because lunch comes every day right after breakfast does not mean that lunch is caused by breakfast!!! Go see a doctor and find out what is really causing your headaches.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mrdroiduser01

Reaction score
My DROIDX headache is from trying to learn how to use it. But I am loving it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only headache I can say I ever have from the Droid is not necessarily from the Droid but from what I read in the forums.;)

I agree with the person that said see your doctor. Maybe the Droid is causing you headaches, I don't know. We're all different and who am I to say what's causing your issue?

Maybe I need a new section, Droid X Infirmary Issues. Hope you feel better.

fluidj

Reaction score
It's because you don't have the superAMOLED screen like the Fascinate :icon_ poke:
My bet is that it's eye strain though. I used to get headaches from eye strain and my eye doctor pinpointed it to my computer use (ie looking at the LCD too long & with poor brightness settings).

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's because you don't have the superAMOLED screen like the Fascinate :icon_ poke:
My bet is that it's eye strain though. I used to get headaches from eye strain and my eye doctor pinpointed it to my computer use (ie looking at the LCD too long & with poor brightness settings).

This.

OP, i'll bet you since you've gotten your X, you've spent alot more time staring at a (relatively) small screen. And who could blame you? These things are addictive. I'd almost be willing to wager money on the fact that you are suffering from eyestrain. Eyestrain headaches can be VERY intense, and make it feel like your eyes are gonna pop out of your head. The reason they are so painful is that they are basically a muscle strain, and we all know how painful sore muscles can be.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
+1 for the eye strain. Happens a lot with a lot of people that text on phones and browse the web.

Sent from my DROIDX