HDMI output questions

Xproplayer

Reaction score
I just had a couple of questions about the hdmi output on my droid RAZR maxx I was wondering if you could use it for YouTube or twitchtv

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Mine works for YouTube.... I don't use the other app. It may be restricted. Some movie apps are.from what I've heard.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
X

Xproplayer

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer, where is a good place to get one for cheap?

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Xproplayer said:
Thanks for the answer, where is a good place to get one for cheap?

Get what cheap? HDMI cables are on amazon... make sure its a micro HDMI to hdmi

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

SallyC

Reaction score
And also think about how long you need it to be. Six feet might be cheaper, but you might not be able to lean back on your couch with it.

I got a 15 ft one on Amazon.com which was their brand and am very happy with it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And also think about how long you need it to be. Six feet might be cheaper, but you might not be able to lean back on your couch with it.

I got a 15 ft one on Amazon.com which was their brand and am very happy with it.

+1 I got a 15foot cable from amazon as well, 13$ shipping and all. Awesome!! I can now see everything I do on my 42 inch LCD tv

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if netflix or hbo go will work out of the hdmi out. Also off topic but I also heard that it will not take 16/9 photos at 8mp, and that you have to switch the camera from 8mp to 6mp. Also I wanted to know if you can make ring tones from wav files of if I have to convert them. The phone does not play .avi files but it will play mp4. Also does anyone know if The phone can play video files out of hdmi out that have 5.1 audio. The thunderbolt only plays videos that are 2.0 (stereo) I have the thunderbolt right now and it works for me, but with the unlimited date going away with the new phones

Firemedic67

Reaction score
Yes.. the hdmi out will work with Netflix. However..there is an annoying clicking noise that happens during the entire playback..only on hdmi. So using the lapdock 500 or just hdmi out to a TV this click will show its face.. If you use the phones speaker or headphones/headphone jack no noise.

duncan0553

Reaction score
I have a question for everyone. Can I use a HDMI micro to micro cable to use my phone to get netflix on and then use the canble to transfer it to my Acer tablet to watch on. Larger screen. Trying to use my phone to get the movie due to 4g and tablet only being wi/fi but bigger screen. Any thoughts? New to the Maxx.

1coopgt

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you just put the netflix app on your tablet and use wifi. Depending on how fast your home internet is it should be as fast or faster than your phone on 4g .

duncan0553

Reaction score
I am trying to use the tablet when I am away from any wi/fi access. I do not have any 3g or 4g service on it. Cost way to much for the amount of time I would use it. Trying to figure a round about way to watch the shows on the bigger screen.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Foxfi is a free Wi-Fi tethering app. You can run a hotspot from your razr, then you use Wi-Fi and you'll be using your phones data on your tablet.