HDMI output question

psuHopp

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I have a question regarding the HDMI output (haven't been able to test anything yet as I don't have an HDMI cable yet)

In the Droid X manual it states:
Note: You can view only user-generated content-- your own photos and recorded videos. You cannot view commercial content--photos or videos that you purchased and downloaded.

Does this mean that if I were to get NHL GameCenter from the app store...I'd have to view that content on my phone? I wouldn't be able to connect an HDMI cable to my TV and watch the games there? Seeing how the app is 80 bucks I wanted to ask before buying this and being disappointed.

liferefugee

Reaction score
By default you can only use the hdmi output in the gallery area. If you root you may be able to use the hdmi app to view other stuff. Have not tested it out yet, but it's on my list.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MegaSlammo

Reaction score
By default you can only use the hdmi output in the gallery area. If you root you may be able to use the hdmi app to view other stuff. Have not tested it out yet, but it's on my list.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hey PLEASE give us an update if you do it anytime soon! Thanks bud

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Dustin.

Reaction score
I was watching House on my DX the other day and the HDMI icon was at the top left, so I'm guessing their are a few exceptions outside of user generated content that you can view via HDMI, I guess it just varies.

When I go to work today I'll take out an HDMI cord and try it out on the tv and post back results so you guys can have some type of info on the topic.

Cheers!

OP
P

psuHopp

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys.

Im quite the android newbie still and haven't attempt rooting anything yet.

Greatly appreciate the feedback!

MegaSlammo

Reaction score
I was watching House on my DX the other day and the HDMI icon was at the top left, so I'm guessing their are a few exceptions outside of user generated content that you can view via HDMI, I guess it just varies.

When I go to work today I'll take out an HDMI cord and try it out on the tv and post back results so you guys can have some type of info on the topic.

Cheers!

Hey what prgm were u using to watch it with? I've never seen that!!!

Dustin.

Reaction score
Some people use (App in the Market, they charge a monthly fee though) for TV shows, but since we now have Flash 10.1 and the phone supports DivX I just use the Browser to find and watch my TV shows!

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Real HDMI. In the market. Allows u to view anything on your phone thru hdmi to tv.

MegaSlammo

Reaction score
Real HDMI. In the market. Allows u to view anything on your phone thru hdmi to tv.

I used that on a 1st Gen Droid a while back and remember the controls being all jacked up so just gave up til an update...haven't tried it on my X yet though..

BodyBagz

Reaction score
RealHDMI is back on the Market, but it does carry a prominent warning about it still having a known "bug' due to the hardware that can still cause the app to freeze and require a battery pull. Just and FYI...

GDP

Reaction score
You could always download it and see if it works. If not, just get a refund within 24 hours

Sent from my Droid

BodyBagz

Reaction score
You could always download it and see if it works. If not, just get a refund within 24 hours

Sent from my Droid

With the newest update of the Market, you no longer have 24 hours to evaluate an app...its nor only 15 minutes. Speaking for myself only, 15 minutes is not nearly enough time to see if an app with known issues is worth the $4.00 it costs...