HDMI output flickering (Netflix)

Gleason81

Reaction score
While watching a few different Netflix show while using my HDMI cable to my TV I have noticed a black flicker. Did not notice this ever on my dx2. Anyone else seeing this?

OP
Gleason81

Gleason81

Reaction score
The screen goes black for a split second like a camera shutter almost.

Last edited:

dillont

Reaction score
I was just watching a movie on Netflix with hdmi hooked up to the tv and experienced the same thing. Pretty annoying, hoping it is just netflix and not something with the phone. Have you noticed it happen when the phone is hooked up to the tv and you are not using netflix?

dillont

Reaction score
I'm not. Feel no need to root yet with the speed and snappiness of this phone stock. May change my mind once a sbf file is released and if I can get a ICS port.

OP
Gleason81

Gleason81

Reaction score
I was just watching a movie on Netflix with hdmi hooked up to the tv and experienced the same thing. Pretty annoying, hoping it is just netflix and not something with the phone. Have you noticed it happen when the phone is hooked up to the tv and you are not using netflix?

Not rooted and don't notice when NOT hooked up to my TV which is a somewhat older Samsung LCD. Will never root my phone again. I don't ever notice this while just mirrored to my TV, or any other time. I'm starting to believe it's an issue with Netflix....well hoping it is anyway. Other than this issue, there is nothing to complain about. All else is great!

gmtekk

Reaction score
Yep...works great for me to.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Ckepascoe

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is that it flickers when the streaming quality changes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

dillont

Reaction score
I had mine hooked up to an RCA HDTV that is less than a year old. I don't think it is a TV issue. I haven't noticed it when my phone is hooked up to the tv and I am doing things on it other than Netflix, so I think it must be an Issue with playing netflix on the razr while it is hooked up through HDMI. I have never had any problems with any other devices hooked up to my tv with HDMI doing this and when I watch netflix on the phone itself it is always fine.

I had my droid X rooted and enjoyed having it rooted b/c i could get the UI upgrades a lot earlier than if I had waited till verizon pushed the upgrades and I could run ROMs that made an older phone run smoother. It kept me from getting bored with my droid x as quickly, and I liked having more control of my phone, but I also found that I spent way to much time flashing different ROMs on my phone and doing other things with it. It is kinda nice to not have all of my time spent now reading about and waiting/flashing new ROMs. Although it was nice to be able to back up my phone/apps when rooted and have more control, i don't see installing a ROM on this phone making a huge difference with performance b/c it is so fast and snappy already. Plus ICS will give the phone a completely new feel from Gingy when it comes out and I really don't feel like messing up a phone that I just payed $250 for b/c I can't flash a sbf file if something goes wrong.

Reaction score
Maybe you need to change the sequence...start netflix then hookup hdmi, or the other way around.

Sent from my iPhone (soon to be RAZR) using Tapatalk

dillont

Reaction score
I asked a verizon rep about the problem today when I went to the store to pick up an HD dock. He said it was a problem specific to the netflix app with the razr, but netflix is aware of it and he said it should probably be fixed in a week or two.

Saturn

Reaction score
Mine flickers too. Only on netflix as far as I have noticed. I think it may be netflix acting all funny. I've never had problems with anything else.