Hdmi out droid x

psand

Reaction score
You can output movies via HDMI that you rip or download and put on the sdcard, just not movies through apps like Blockbuster.

I have transferred a movie (avi file) from my computer to the phone. I can watch it on the phone but I get no video output from the HDMI cable (the cable is fine as I get output when I play video taken on the phone).

So I ask again since you are saying it works for you.....are you putting the file in a particular folder? or do you think it may matter what type of file you use?

bje1982

Reaction score
You can output movies via HDMI that you rip or download and put on the sdcard, just not movies through apps like Blockbuster.

I have transferred a movie (avi file) from my computer to the phone. I can watch it on the phone but I get no video output from the HDMI cable (the cable is fine as I get output when I play video taken on the phone).

So I ask again since you are saying it works for you.....are you putting the file in a particular folder? or do you think it may matter what type of file you use?
I have not tested this. But I thought this was the way it was and I do not havde a working model to try right now can a few more people try this to verify?? This would make me happy if it can be done :icon_ banana:

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
you can 100% place mp4 video on the droid X and play it via HDMI out provided it is not DRM-protected content

tfk232

Reaction score
I am currently streaming an AVI file I downloaded through HDMI to my tv. All I did was sync the video to the X via WMP. It looks beautiful.

jonmi28

Reaction score
it wont let you play copyright material through the hdmi out but ive had the dx about a week before the launch and ive been able to play movies that ive put on the sd card (ones ive downloaded ) but i havnt tried the movies from the blockbuster app because i think copyrights have nothing to do with what size screen i use to watch the movie and besides if im restricted to only watching them on the dx then they should lower the price

bje1982

Reaction score
it wont let you play copyright material through the hdmi out but ive had the dx about a week before the launch and ive been able to play movies that ive put on the sd card (ones ive downloaded ) but i havnt tried the movies from the blockbuster app because i think copyrights have nothing to do with what size screen i use to watch the movie and besides if im restricted to only watching them on the dx then they should lower the price

Why what's the average price on the app for a rental and to buy?

jonmi28

Reaction score
I've been in the app a few times and the movies i looked through priced$ 3.99 rent and $17.99 to buy

donniedroid

Reaction score
Multimedia docking Station HDMI working..YES! droidx

The docking station software doesnt have any widget for HDMI out but it has a port. I called and got the tech support run around and it was elvevated through verizon to motorola and should have a tech calling me be soon. I played with it and figured out that if you put the device in the cradle...close the cradle application and open your gallery on the phone the images and videos you select will be rendered on the HD telivision and you get software controls for start pause next...

Yes it played MP4 files that were on my SDcard from my original Droid.

bgdave

Reaction score
The program Double Twist will convert pretty much any video to droid compatible amongst other useful features.

Last edited:

tfk232

Reaction score
The docking station software doesnt have any widget for HDMI out but it has a port. I called and got the tech support run around and it was elvevated through verizon to motorola and should have a tech calling me be soon. I played with it and figured out that if you put the device in the cradle...close the cradle application and open your gallery on the phone the images and videos you select will be rendered on the HD telivision and you get software controls for start pause next...

Yes it played MP4 files that were on my SDcard from my original Droid.

You can just add the Gallery shortcut to the applications you have on the bar at the bottom so you don't have to close the cradle app before playing a video.