HDMI in ApeX(1.4.1)?

runLoganrun

Reaction score
I believe this is supposed to work in this rom. I've actually never used it before on any rom, but my understanding was that it is run from Gallery app, but I get default vid player each time, no hdmi, i assume it's run through the native video player app, which in some cases I have removed, but I believe only on roms that didn't support it anyway. How do you choose the hdmi output?

Thanks, rlr

Slow88lx

Reaction score
You need to install the blur gallery, that is the only program that does hdmi out.

OP
R

runLoganrun

Reaction score
You need to install the blur gallery, that is the only program that does hdmi out.

Thank you! gonna check it out now....
rlr

I installed the blur gallery, but the same thing happened to me as in 1.4.0, it won't run, something flashes on the screen and it closes instantly, not sure what's up with that....

thanks again

Psyman

Reaction score
I tested this and it worked on my tv .. I used the default video player.. click the hdmi button and good to go.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
R

runLoganrun

Reaction score
I tested this and it worked on my tv .. I used the default video player.. click the hdmi button and good to go.

Blur Gallery not working for me. I reflashed rom, w/o wipe, on top of itself, to hopefully put things back where they should be for this to work. Went into apextoolbox and switched to moto blur gallery, but had same results, gallery won't open. It was same exact way for last build, never got it to work....

any ideas?

do I wipe, and reflash again? somehow don't think this is the problem. do I not restore data w/ Titanium, this has helped me solve problems before, albeit a pita.

thanks,
rlr

Psyman

Reaction score
Its a good idea to always wipe between roms

OP
R

runLoganrun

Reaction score

So I redid whole rom, formatted/wiped everything twice, put Apex 1.4.1 on, changed gallery pref in toolbox. it worked. then I reinstalled apps, still working, added data, still working, great. however not great now, is back to flashing for a second. I did remove some apps thought I didn't need, after last testrun, certainly one of those is culprit. will reinstall from titanium, could be dlna, i took out social messaging as well, and something else, have to look. i will report back findings...
rlr

Psyman

Reaction score

So I redid whole rom, formatted/wiped everything twice, put Apex 1.4.1 on, changed gallery pref in toolbox. it worked. then I reinstalled apps, still working, added data, still working, great. however not great now, is back to flashing for a second. I did remove some apps thought I didn't need, after last testrun, certainly one of those is culprit. will reinstall from titanium, could be dlna, i took out social messaging as well, and something else, have to look. i will report back findings...
rlr

Good troubleshooting.. least ya narrowed the culprit down some..keep us posted

jlambeth1

Reaction score
I had this problem before. The way I got the blur gallery working was a format of my SD card. Try that and a friendly reminder to back up all of your data on the SD card before doing so :).

Tesler32

Reaction score

rlr

This happened to me when I was on DarkSlideBlur v4.2 it turned out there was some pictures on my SD card that it didnt like and it caused it to crash. I had a spare 16gb micro laying around and I poped that in and the gallery fired up np, but as soon as I through my old card back in it was **** again. I installed some game i dont remember which and it didnt like the photos or video or whatever was in the folder as soon as it was gone it worked NP. Isnt there a workaround with RealHDMI or something its been a while since I used my HDMI cable on my reciever. Good luck

jaw4bama

Reaction score
Yeah I use realHDMI and it works great even if you don't have the blur gallery. It will also display anything on your phone to your tv, example: youtube.

hyperlite

Reaction score
I had this problem before. The way I got the blur gallery working was a format of my SD card. Try that and a friendly reminder to back up all of your data on the SD card before doing so :).

OP, this is the ticket. At about 500 pictures, my gallery went kaput. Backup and format your sd card, copy everything back, you should be good to go. I don't know what causes it, but i made it up to about 700 pictures with no issues before i did my spring cleaning.

Charlie03

Reaction score
Yeah I use realHDMI and it works great even if you don't have the blur gallery. It will also display anything on your phone to your tv, example: youtube.

Are you on Apex 1.4.1? Bc All im able to do is view picture/video in the blur gallery. Ive hade no success with real hdmi and outputing my homescreen ect. on to my pc monitor. Havent been able to come across a straight answer in the forums if Apex 1.4.1 is capable for FULL hdmi.

OP
R

runLoganrun

Reaction score

I thought I posted this already, however, I was able to get blur gallery going after selective restore with titanium, and could output w/hdmi from gallery. I found this to be somewhat unwieldy, as i just wanted to be able to go to a movie/video folder and play a file, without wading through gallery each time.

Currently I'm running a different rom (rubix 2.0.1) and thought I could use Real HDMI with it, but am not able to run anything on it so far, it won't detect hdmi cable, have it hooked directly to hdmi input on tv and tv set to that port. There's various ways to configure Real HDMI, i tried the one they use in the example, proximity, and swiping the speaker (which i don't quite get), but this did not do anything, it doesn't see the connection.

@jaw4bama- does this app require motorola software to be run, or is it supposed to work with any rom?

Thanks,
rlr