HD video?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jrl9851, May 14, 2010.

1. jrl9851

jrl9851 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I remember reading about a hack that allowed the droid to record video in HD, but I can't find the thread. Is this true?

2. jrl9851

jrl9851 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    65 views and not one reply.

3. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    It isn't a hack to record in HD. The 'hack' is to allow recording at a higher bitrate. The resolution remains the same; however, higher bitrate video is generally higher quality.

Unfortunately, the only how-to I can find reference to is from Alldroid, which isn't accessible right now. I know that you are supposed to pull the build.prop file from your phone and edit the place where the video recording bitrate is set. Then, push the build.prop back to your phone.

#3 Dave12308, May 15, 2010
    Last edited: May 15, 2010
  4. bdholsin

bdholsin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know your level of computer/video savvy so I'll make this a little remedial. If it's below your level then I'm sorry and you can just take the high points that I'll lay out for you.

HD video really depends on the source (i.e. blu-ray disc). With that being said here is what works for me:
    1. Using Slysoft AnyDVD HD rip a movie to your PC from a BR disc. Make a note of the output location.
    2. Using Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate (Ojosoft Total Video Converter can work but I prefer Xilisoft), drag/drop the file from AnyDVD, or even a digital copy that you have obtained from wherever. I won't ask where you got it and as long as it's a standard video format (anything from .mkv to .avi, to H264 or whatever). Convert the file to an Android format. This'll be a .mp4 IIRC. In the profile selection be sure to select the Android selection (by the way, iPod will work too). Once again make note of the location that the output file will be located.
    3. Mount your Droid to your PC via USB cable and transfer the output file that you generated from Xilisoft.
    4. I use Video Player to watch movies...well, to be perfectly honest, I use Video Player for my 3-year old son to watch movies as we're driving around.

That's it in a nutshell. It works all the time, every time for me. Great quality and my son hasn't complained a bit. :)

I'd be happy to give you any more details if you need them.

5. bdholsin

bdholsin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh crud, I just read your post again. You want to record, not watch video. Ignore my rambling. I'm experiencing single parent fatigue as my wife left me with two young and rambunctious boys for the weekend while she went to goof off.

6. toddj

toddj Member

Ratings:
    +0
  7. toddj

toddj Member

Ratings:
    +0
  8. phantrik

phantrik Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Qik BETA records at 720p, no? At least that was what I remembered back in the day when it was invite only.

9. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    so whats the proper code to get HD Video Recording? Most of the links dont work or are outdated. thanks.

Search tags for this page

android hd recording hack