HBO's Westworld Could be the Next big TV Addiction

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's your interesting Off Topic news for today.

For those of you old enough to remember the classic 1973 sci-fi movie, Westworld, with Yul Brynner, you might be intrigued by the above trailer. The folks at HBO have reimagined it as a TV series they are bringing to reality in October of this year.

The trailer shows off the impressive production values that we have grown to expect from HBO. The concept of HBO's Westworld will question the nature of AI, consciousness and reality itself. Could this be the next big TV addiction next to Game of Thrones?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Depends if they are able to put together actors and storyboards that can glue audiences to the series. GOT has become a machine and I have to say I'm truly enjoying this season.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
I loved the original movie. This could be another winner for HBO. I look forward to seeing it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've heard of the movie, but can't say I've ever seen it. That said, I saw this preview earlier today and got very excited. I used to want to be a cowboy growing up and I love tech now. Perfect blend, imo. Not to mention it seems to have some great actors in it.

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
I've heard of the movie, but can't say I've ever seen it. That said, I saw this preview earlier today and got very excited. I used to want to be a cowboy growing up and I love tech now. Perfect blend, imo. Not to mention it seems to have some great actors in it.
You should definitely watch the original movie. It was really quite entertaining. There was also a sequel called Futureworld that really good too though not as popular as Westworld.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll definitely give it a shot. It's hard to tell from the previews how good a series will actually be, but it has my interest peaked.

GOT has been amazing this season, just keeps getting better!