Hbo go.....

skipbl92

Reaction score
.....gets announced for Android, but does not support the Motorola Droid 1. Boo Hiss!

OP
S

skipbl92

Reaction score
I am assuming so. I am currently running LGB 1.7 ROM.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That app is not what you think it is. It's available now for iPad and all it is are trailers and promotions for HBO. So you're not missing out on anything.

ronimous

Reaction score
I'm not sure what app you're using, but the HBO GO app I have on my Ipad gives access to HBO's full library.

Tethered to my Droid 1, I've watched the first 6 episodes of The Sopranos. No promos, no ads.

Disappointed it doesn't support the Droid 1. HBO is the best app I've seen yet on any platform.

LT*

Reaction score
I'm not sure what app you're using, but the HBO GO app I have on my Ipad gives access to HBO's full library.

Tethered to my Droid 1, I've watched the first 6 episodes of The Sopranos. No promos, no ads.

Disappointed it doesn't support the Droid 1. HBO is the best app I've seen yet on any platform.

Yep, I have a D1, wife has a D2...guess which one of us can watch HBO on the go. Not happy about that.

ronimous

Reaction score
Great news. I did more research and found a fix. I can CONFIRM this works on my Droid 1 using the Liquid Gingerbread ROM.

Easy to do, give it a try. Worked for me and I watched a few seconds of a Sopranos episode.

"Got it to work. Oddly enough you need to goto airplane mode.

Then repeatedly try to log in,
when it says there is no internet connection turn airplane mode off and again to repeatedly try to connect
It should eventually let you in.

Strange program but it works great on 3g or wifi. "

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
That app is not what you think it is. It's available now for iPad and all it is are trailers and promotions for HBO. So you're not missing out on anything.

I don't know what kind of crap the app is for iPad, but I can watch full episodes and even some movies with it on my THUNDERBOLT. Maybe you are speaking of when it was first released on Apple devices? There are previews and stuff too, but that's far from all that's there!!!

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT with Tapatalk

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually, the app being discussed isn't the app that you think it is. You're thinking of the HBO app which isn't the same as the (recently released) HBO Go app.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Watching Avatar on it as I type this.......Full programing is on HBO GO.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on HBO GO. I am watching an Adam Sandler movie on mine right now. It works great.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected. I searched for this app on my iPad and I didn't come up with HBO Go. Apparently it's a good app from what you guys are saying.

EDIT: Doesn't work with Time Warner Cable. Why am I not surprised?

Last edited:

dsystem

Reaction score
While trying to get Netflix app to run on my droid 1 i discovered that changing the device name and manufacturer will allow the droid to work

i made mine a Samsung s
seems to run pretty good fired up some true blood over WiFi haven't tested 3g yet

requires root

We've already had some success getting Netflix for Android up and running on an officially unsupported phone (a Droid X), but those not able to get it to work simply by transferring and installing the .APK now have another option. As some folks on XDA and Reddit have discovered, you can apparently just edit a few system settings to make your phone (or Nook Color, for that matter) think it's actually an HTC G2, which is apparently all it takes to satisfy the Netflix app. It doesn't work with every phone, of course, but quite a few seem to have had success with it. Unfortunately for some, you'll also need to first root your phone in order to make those changes, but the steps are fairly simple once you've done that. Hit up the links below for all the details, and let us know how it worked out for you in the comments below. Just remember: when in doubt, back up.

Netflix for Android Gets a Workaround for Unsupported Phones - Techland - TIME.com

good luck everyone

KillerKPD

Reaction score
I have HBO go on my ipad and TB, it works pretty well. I wish they had more of a selection but it is a good start.