1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

haze over led and front camera on used maxx

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by control187, Feb 5, 2013.

1. control187

control187 New Member

Good evening all, new to the forum. I just picked up a Max from Gazelle on eBay after owning a dx for several years. I notices something on my phone I wanted to ask about....

Periodically throughout the day I will notice a haze on the screen surface over the cutout areas for the led and the front camera. I am wondering if there is an issue. Maybe a bad screen seal, previous water damage, etc. Or if this is something others notice as well. Everything wipes clear with a cloth.

I am tempted to return it to gazelle and bid on another, even though the screen is in perfect cosmetic shape.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
  2. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Just wanted to pop in to say I deleted your duplicate thread. Please only post threads once to avoid clutter on the boards. :)

As for your problem, it doesn't sound normal. Maybe wait for some other input.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  3. Miklb58

Miklb58 New Member

11months on my Maxx, and never seen anything like that.
    Are you certain it is not a smudge from holding the phone to your ear?
    Since you say it is in the "cutout" I assume you have a screen protector, which I don't have.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  4. control187

control187 New Member

So sort about the dups, my app is doing weird junk.

No protector, but you can tell where each item is under the glass and the housing for each.

I will keep an eye on it to see if it happens more after I am talking on it.

Thanks.
  5. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

If I'm doubt trade it out.
    It doesn't sound normal to me either.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
  6. jkaod

jkaod Active Member

If I understand you correctly, the haze is on the surface of the screen and wipes away copmletely with a cloth, correct? If that's the case, then it has nothing to do with anything wrong with the phone. Any haze or condensation UNDER the screen that would not wipe away would be an issue. This is just something getting on the surface of the phone. It's a different size and shape that your last phone (unless it was a Razr too) and it will contact your face/ear in a different spot on the phone. It may just be picking up normal skin oil that causes it. There maybe some residue on that part of the phone that is attracting dust/haze as well. You can very safely use photgraphic lens cleaner on a soft clean microfiber cloth to clean the area well and should remove any residue. Don't spray the phone directly, always apply the cleaner to the cloth and then clean the phone. Good luck.
  7. Miklb58

Miklb58 New Member

The OP has me confused too with his stating that it wipes off... also he states that is is in the cutout around the led and camera lens, but tge Maxx has no cutout. It is all smooth so that's why I thought he has a screen protector.
  8. Miklb58

Miklb58 New Member

Sorry, don't know why but the above double posted. So this is to eliminate it.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  9. Krenzy

Krenzy New Member

Maybe I can offer my interpretation. I believe the cutout is either from a screen protector, or he is referring to the tiny square that the front camera sits in; when you look at it in certain lights you will see the tiny square and it is a different shade than the rest if the screen. If he has a screen protector, when wiping away oils and dust, the cutout area will look slightly different, both before and after cleaning, than the screen protector. I will say I noticed alot of build up on the camera area (I'm also using a screen protector), and it does have a milky look. It is normal, and as you've noticed will wipe away easily.
  10. YellowJacket

YellowJacket Active Member

Stain from water damage or condensation?? ... glass cover separating from the digitizer? Pressing down when wiping it off would temporarily stick them back together again until it warms up and separates again.

David
  11. control187

control187 New Member

Thanks for all the thoughts. To the post above about the camera, that is correct. And I think I have figured it out. The additional collection of oil and grime happens where the cutouts for a screen protector would be. I noticed it near the mic too. I am guessing the phone used to have a protector on it and the exposed parts have minor flaws that collect more stuff now than the rest.

To that end, slight pivot on topic. Does any one have a favorite screen protector? I used a Zagg before, but I haven't seen any good reviews across the board for the Maxx.

Thanks all!
Search tags for this page
clean front camera droid rzr

clean front camera razr maxx

condensation built up on front facing camera on driod
condensation razor max
dirty front facing camera rezound

front face camera has moisture in a razr maxx

how can i clean the face camera on droid razr maxx

how do i get condensation out of my front camera razr

how to clean condensation off the front glass camera of my p

how to clean front camera droid razr maxx