Having trouble with outgoing email on roadrunner

cineman

Reaction score
This worked for my SOCAL account!

After being told everything under the sun from Time Warner why I cannot send email from my Droid X using my Roadrunner account, I finally found two settings that are working (one for wi-fi connection, one for 3G):
Tested on Droid X and Droid 2:
To send e-mail on my Southern California Roadrunner account via 3G:
1) Username is your full e-mail address i.e.: [email protected]
2) Change Outgoing port from 25 to 587
3) SMTP server: smtp-server.roadrunner.com
4) Do not check "use secure server"
5) Select "auto" for use secure password
6) Select "auto" for authentication
7) Do not check "verify certificate"
To send e-mail on my Southern California Roadrunner account via Wi-Fi:
Everything is the same except line #6, change it to NONE
Now, I did not have authentication options on my Droid X until I did the system upgrade to 2.3.3 but my other phone (Droid 2) did offer these options with 2.2.1
Your incoming settings are the standard port 110, username (not full address), pop-server.roadrunner.com, do not check "secure connection", use auto for secure password, authentication is "password" do not verify certificate.
Don't know if this will work for everyone else, but nothing else worked for me in SoCal. Good luck!

Grrrrizzly

Reaction score
I tried every other setting posted above and still could not make it work. If anyone is still having trouble, this is what worked for me...

How to Set Up a Time Warner Email Account on a Motorola Droid

By Mandy Slake, eHow Contributor

You can set your Motorola Droid to receive email from your Time Warner RoadRunner account using the phone's email client. The phone can receive Google Gmail, but can also receive standard POP3, IMAP and Exchange email. Time Warner email accounts use POP3 for incoming mail, and SMTP for outgoing. The name of the POP3 server varies depending on your location, but the SMTP server is always the same.

Instructions

• 1 Open the application menu and touch the "Email" icon.
  • 2 Enter your Time Warner email address in the email address field. Type the password in the password field and tap "Next."
  • 3 Type a name for your email in the first box. You can leave it at the default if you want. Enter the name you want people to see on your emails in the second box, then tap "Done."
  • 4 Tap "POP3" if your Droid prompts you for the type of account.
  • 5 Enter the incoming POP3 server for your email address. Set the port to 110 and tap "Next."
  • 6 Type "mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com" in the SMTP server field. Make sure the port is set to 25 and tap "Next." The phone will return to the same screen you saw in Step 3. Tap "Done."

Last edited: