having trouble with free wi-fi

rjohnson29525

Reaction score
When I try to get on open wi-fi networks at restaurants offering it the phone says it's connected, but the wi-fi signal indicator comes up and us blue than it turns white and I can't get on the internet. Is there something in the settings I need yo change?

mdsd77

Reaction score
at sams club I had a probelm, went to the settings and tapped on the available wifi connections (the one form the store) and it asked me for permission to connect to it, even though it appeared to already be connected... don't know if that's the way it always works but maybe give that a try?

OP
R

rjohnson29525

Reaction score
I go into the settings and the available networks are there like you say. But when this happens it always says that I'm connected and it's an open connection. But yet both the 3G and wi-fi signals turn white instead of blue and it will not connect to the internet.

VetteLeo

Reaction score
launch the browser

I go into the settings and the available networks are there like you say. But when this happens it always says that I'm connected and it's an open connection. But yet both the 3G and wi-fi signals turn white instead of blue and it will not connect to the internet.

Try launching the browser. Sometimes you have to go to the splash page and agree to the terms of services before you are completely connected to their wifi. If you launch your browser and it loads, lets say, google home page, try accessing a different website (such as yahoo.com) and then the splash page should load. Once you click on agree, then you should be connected to their wifi. Then it should work for all the rest of your apps (facebook, crackle, etc).