having trouble adding contacts with phone number

seasnskies

Reaction score
This has been a nuisance for some time. Whenever I try to add a new phone number or contact onto my razr by clicking on the contact icon at the bottom of the phone, a page comes up with with "hotmail contact'" on it with nowhere to add the phone number, and it seems I can not bypass the hotmail contact page to add a new contact. Why is this? How do I add a new contact and phone number without being directed to the hotmail contact page?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
This has been a nuisance for some time. Whenever I try to add a new phone number or contact onto my razr by clicking on the contact icon at the bottom of the phone, a page comes up with with "hotmail contact'" on it with nowhere to add the phone number, and it seems I can not bypass the hotmail contact page to add a new contact. Why is this? How do I add a new contact and phone number without being directed to the hotmail contact page?

Did you install a Hotmail client (app)?> If so, go to the Home screen, then hit the Menu button (bottom left corner of the phone), choose Settings, then Applications, then Manage applications. Once on that page, click the All tab at the top. Now scroll down until you see the Hotmail application and select it. On that page there should be a button to clear defaults. This will break the link between the button which should take you to the Contacts instead of Hotmail. Somehow the app redirected it.