Having sooo much trouble please help!!

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I may be off, but you might have to check the "Advanced User" in the settings menu in RM.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
kook took the words out of my mouth - do that.

if your rom isn't fully loading in recovery, then that tells me you have a problem with the dl. this is why i never use RM to dl roms. i always dl them to my pc, and then copy them to my sdcard.

OP
K

kefferjoe

Reaction score
Ok so what i have done so far is i have mounted a rom to my sd card...do i need to name it update.zip i checked that box and now i shall reboot into recovery mode by holding the home button and power then pressing the search button then what all do i do?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you're using CWM, you don't need to name the rom "update.zip" - that's just for SPR. but, if you have it named update.zip, no problem. boot into recovery by holding down the x key and pressing power button. when M logo shows up, release the power button, but keep pressing x until you boot into recovery. then select "wipe data/factory reset". then select "wipe cache partition". then go into "partitions menu", and "format boot" and "format system". then press the power button one time, to toggle back to the main menu. select "install zip from sdcard". then scroll thru the sdcard files until you find your rom zip file, and select it to install. once it's done installing, press the power button once to toggle back to main menu, and select "reboot system now".

EDIT: i am assuming you have already done a nandroid backup?? if you haven't, do that first, before you wipe.

OP
K

kefferjoe

Reaction score
I cannot find this "partitions menu" and such it is not on here
Also i am on a droid x so holding the x button isnt what i do...i believe it is the home button and the power button then the search button

Last edited:

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oh, wait, wait, wait. in your bio, it says your phone is a Moto Droid. I assumed that meant D1. if you have the X, then you don't have a true recovery image, you have a bootstrap recovery. there's a whole different process involved. you need to go into the DX hacking section. I'll report this thread and asked that it be moved over there where others that are more familiar with the X (i have a D1) can help...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Moved to DX rooted RS section for more assistance. Good luck.

Sent from somewhere...

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it just dawned on me - are you sure you were trying to install a DX rom?? D1 roms won't work on the X...

OP
K

kefferjoe

Reaction score
Yeah i figured it out i needed the app bootstrap so i could boot into clockwork recovery because it was just booting into regular recovery but im still having issues figuring out how to use it haha this is way more confusing than my D1