Having sooo much trouble please help!!

kefferjoe

Reaction score
I am getting furious with my phone right now!! SO i rooted my phone downloaded both premium and the regular rom manager app and when i try to download a rom from this app it downloads then asks two things pop up and on the first window i check both options(i forget what they are) then the second window asks to reboot and install and i go through with that and then it turns off and then back on but the rom doesnt go through!!! idk what to do! and i have tried to dowload an older version of clockworkrom recovery but it gives me an error message saying "an error occurred while downloading your recovery" i am thouroghly ticked any help is appreciated.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is your recovery up to date?

You can always go into Clockwork mod manually and install that way. It's the most stable way I do. Never have problems.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
First thing is to breathe...we'll get you straight! Will ROM Manager let you "Flash Alternate Recovery"??

DroidForums junkie!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that the download completed? If you have access to wifi switch. the two options, make a backup/wipe data and cache. Did you click both?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
like kook said, the safest and most reliable way to flash a rom is manually thru recovery. i never, and i mean NEVER, flash a rom using Rom Mgr. i always do it manually in recovery, and never have a problem.

if you don't want to do that, you can try to "flash alternate recovery" in RM. flash to SPR, then flash back to CWM, and then try to install it.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nice...it's like a helping frenzy. I love it.

I agree with mwhartman also. It may have not fully downloaded. Check your status bar for the progress.

OP
K

kefferjoe

Reaction score
They are fully downloaded and i have like three of them and none of them work and and i flash clockworkmod recovery and it says it is successful and if i manually reboot into recovery i dont see any of the roms available to boot from :/

Also i have no "flash alternate recovery"

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not a RM expert but I believe when the rom downloads you scroll the notification bar down and tap to install.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you are using RM, then you do have it. on the main screen, scroll down to the bottom. the second to last choice is "Flash Alternate Recovery". Press that, and that will flash SPRecovery. When that is successful, your first choice on the main screen is "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery". Choose that, and it will flash you back to CWM. Then try to flash the rom.

to do it manually, you'll have to find out where, on your sdcard, RM dl's the roms (i'm not sure where it stores them, cuz i never use it). then you'll need to move the rom file out of the folder, and paste it on the root of your sdcard. then boot into recovery and manually flash the rom.

or, you can dl the rom on your pc and just copy it to the root of your sdcard. that's how i always do it.

They are fully downloaded and i have like three of them and none of them work and and i flash clockworkmod recovery and it says it is successful and if i manually reboot into recovery i dont see any of the roms available to boot from :/

Also i have no "flash alternate recovery"

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
They are stored on your SD card under "Clockwork" There should be a bunch of files on there that are pretty random. Just navigate through them until you find the zip you're looking for.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks kook! i was looking in the R's for Rom Mgr - duh...

haha....I think I did that at first as well. I use RM to download stuff and then navigate my SD card through Clockwork to install. Has worked well for me.

OP
K

kefferjoe

Reaction score
Ok so the problem with this flash alternate recovery button is it cant be pressed lol its dark grey and under it it says there is no alternate recovery available
also when i try to load a new rom it goes into recovery makes an unpacking picture like something is coming out of a box then the load bar goes about 1/3 of the way across then it shuts off again and the phone turns on normally.

Last edited: