Having Some Major Issues

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by InfrnalSky, Aug 11, 2010.

1. InfrnalSky

InfrnalSky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

So I am new to the whole root thing and put BBv0.4 on my phone two days ago on my Moto Droid. Ever since then, I have had some major issues and am afraid I am going to have to return the phone for a replacement if I can't get it resolved. Here's what's wrong:

- I now can't get rid of the "Low on space" notification, even though I don't have that many apps. Because of this, I can't receive any text messages at all because it says "Text message memory full".
    - My phone won't sink to my google account anymore. I'm not receiving any emails and my contacts/calendar aren't updating.
    - I can no longer download anything at all from the Google Marketplace. I tried using wifi and 3g, and neither work.
    - I can't get into my bootloader screen and I can't reboot into recovery either. Now I can't try to reflash the ROM, recover my nandroid backup, or anything of the sort. I have tried everything to get back into that screen and nothing works at all anymore. I'm now stuck with a faulty ROM.

Can anybody help me out at all? I don't even know if I would be able return the phone since I can't return it back to stock.

2. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Sounds like you need to Download a rsdlite and reflash sbf file. This will bring you to stock again. The all you have to do is root the phone, dl Rom manager and flash Recovery. Then Apply a rom. :)

3. eagle1967

eagle1967 Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +8
    try this

edit: 1st check in your programs and make sure you have superuser and that you are currently rooted. if this is not the case than you will have to use sbf to fix it.

ok it sounds like you are booting up in your rom. if that is so try what i post below if your not booting up at all search for sbf root and that will get you back also. but this is easier way to try.

go here
    Index of /recoveries
    download the rommanger
    (if you have a file manager installed) just goto download directory and install apk (it wil point you to allowing non market installation) put check in it and say ok, go back to the apk and install. once installed you run rom manager and flash either sprecovery or clockwork than youll be able to install a rom again. If you want to install bb0.4 again i would redownload it maybe the download was corrupt.

If you dont have a file manager installed or inability to install an apk.
    download rommanger from that site from the broswer on your phone after download click on it in the pull down from the bar above and it should give you option to install.

if your experience left a bad taste in your mouth for that rom there are many outh there saphire,cm, chevy they are all great but,
    I suggest you search for blackdroidmod and install that instead, youl love the options it has and its stable and darn fast.

Nothing against BB i hear its a great rom also, so if you still want to use that try what i said and redownload the rom before installing again. your xperience with it is definaltry not a normal one.

and than try either watermarked or 928 blackglass theme on your new rom once you make sure its running well. they are both great themes they look fantastic, like a new phone.

hope this helps you out.

4. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    If you can't get into the recovery screen you do have to use RSD Lite to flash back SPRecovery back onto the phone.

On a side note, if you aren't rooted Rom Manager won't do a thing for you. I wouldn't introduce new software to the mix. I'd try and fix the current issue.

Why you can't get into it is beyond me. How did you install BB in the first place? Did you use SPRecovery to do an update.zip install or did you use some other tool? I'm asking to make sure you have gotten into it before and know how to.

This isn't the first person I've seen who can't hold down the X button and get to the recovery screen. I'm wondering if something is removing it somehow. Someone else had flashed many roms, and even recently rooted someone else's phone, yet X-boot did nothing for them.

5. InfrnalSky

InfrnalSky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You guys are absolutely amazing. I used the steps mentioned by ilikemoneygreen and christim and it worked. I decided to flash Bugless Beast back again because I loved the speed of it and it works flawlessly now. A million thank yous to you guys.

6. eagle1967

eagle1967 Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +8
    cool

Glad you got it working. have fun with froyo!