Having second thoughts

mtnbst

Reaction score
I have tried everything I know how to do to root this phone. Having root access is big for me. I have rooted and romd my dx numerous times on different kernels..no prob. I'm to the point of getting angry with this phone. (And we all know that is dumb because it is just a phone) but the thought of just taking it back and getting something I can play with does cross my mind. I'm on a Mac btw that could be a big part of my struggle

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Can you get access to a windows machine? I rooted/unlocked mine today and it took about 10 minutes on my laptop.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
If you like roms etc... The nexus is key... Like wicked said, get access to a widows box! :) I don't think there is a way to root on Mac yet, so I have no idea what you were doing! :p LOL! :)

This wants to be sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus

djsiva

Reaction score
I don't know about now, but when I had my DX, you couldn't change the kernel. It still had a locked bootloader. I've been in the Thunderbolt, Bionic, and Nexus since then so maybe I'm out of the loop, but I'm pretty sure you weren't putting custom kernels on your DX.

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
I don't know about now, but when I had my DX, you couldn't change the kernel. It still had a locked bootloader. I've been in the Thunderbolt, Bionic, and Nexus since then so maybe I'm out of the loop, but I'm pretty sure you weren't putting custom kernels on your DX.

I understand what you are saying, however im not sure I said "custom". I wasn't going into detail when I threw that in in...I was refering to the fact tht I have attained root access on both froyo and GB. Each had a different method to attain root, also since foyo was already rooted, had to SBF to GB. That is all it meant.

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
If you like roms etc... The nexus is key... Like wicked said, get access to a widows box! :) I don't think there is a way to root on Mac yet, so I have no idea what you were doing! :p LOL! :)

This wants to be sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I am running windows on my mac as well, thank you...I am going to take a crack at it with windows today. Sorry for a bit of a rant, I was tired and frustrated after hours of trying to get my nexus unlocked:/

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
You already made a thread about this...

Yes I did, and I appreciate everyones patience. I have received some helpful feedback that I would not have gotten had I not posted this twice. So again thanks for the tips everyone. Goal is to have this thing unlocked and rooted by the end of today.....

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Yes I did, and I appreciate everyones patience. I have received some helpful feedback that I would not have gotten had I not posted this twice. So again thanks for the tips everyone. Goal is to have this thing unlocked and rooted by the end of today.....

Let us know how it goes! :biggrin:

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
Let us know how it goes! :biggrin:

Thank you sir, I sure will! I will hopefully get to it, after I get finished with my expense report. Have to keep the boss happy :)

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
Update everyone!! Had to run Windows on a virtual machine on MAC and I am unlocked and rooted BABY. Ready to play!!!! Thanks again everyone..PUMPED

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Update everyone!! Had to run Windows on a virtual machine on MAC and I am unlocked and rooted BABY. Ready to play!!!! Thanks again everyone..PUMPED

Sweet! :icon_ banana:

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
Sweet! :icon_ banana:

Thanks thats actually me after work one day. Mountain bike review got a hold if it and used it in a mtb photo contest!