1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Having problems rooting replacement Droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by zpritchert, May 20, 2010.

1. zpritchert

zpritchert New Member

Today I was attempting to root my friends Droid. She just got it replaced so its brand new with 2.1 from factory. I was using Matthews guide for rooting with no luck. When I power the phone on while holding X I get the triangle in the ! in it and just stays there. With the new Droids do I have to root another way?
  2. balticzar

balticzar New Member

I would try grabbing DroidRootHelper (one word) from the marketplace and then also Rom Manager. They are both free and help alot. When you get em, check out a few youtube vids on how to use both of them.
  3. jaxory

jaxory New Member

The issue you're having isn't really a bug or anything, it's a failsafe meant to keep users from messing around in the recovery console when they have no idea what they're doing. After you get to the screen with the ! in the triangle, release the x and the power button, and then press the volume up button and the camera button together. You may have to do it a few times because it doesn't always work on the first try, but the menu should come up on one of the times.
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
  4. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

I was under the impression that 2.1 can't be rooted the same way as 2.0.1. It's easier to flash an SBF file with SPRecovery.
  5. huskur

huskur New Member

6. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

IMO i think DroidRootHelper is a POS, I bought it awhile ago when I didn't know any better and it doesn't root the phone it just installs utilities that are useful if youre rooted. The real thing to use is DMupdater which will automatically root the droid for you. all you have to do is hit yes 2x, reboot into recovery, apply update.zip, and reboot, then youre rooted.

Ive always found it helpful to hold down the volume button first and then press the camera button. Works the first try every time!