1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Having problems rooting droid 2...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by AWDkid, Apr 8, 2012.

1. AWDkid

AWDkid New Member

So let me first say that i searched and have tried 2 different methods of rooting.

First method i tried...
    How To Root Your Droid 2 or Droid 2 Global - Personal-tech/smart-phones - Smart Phones - BYTE

which i downloaded the file right to my phone, opened it in astro, installed it, then clicked permanent root. It started rooting then it rebooted like it should. When the phone rebooted it was superrrrrrrrrrr slow. So i turn it off then on again. This time it was not slow but not rooted i went back to z4root and it was back at the root screen, temporary and permanet. I cliked on permanet and nothing happens. It starts to "downlaod" or whatever you wanna call it and all of a sudden just stops. Just exits and goes back to home screen.

Deleted it and went to try this one(this sites DIY)
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-hacks/109287-how-root-droid-2-depth-tutorial.html

I downloaded the file onto my pc, put it on my sd card, opened astro, and found the file. The diy says

but when i find the file in astro it just says the normal rename, delete, move etc...

Im confused because i did everything the DIY said. The first method i tried came the closets. It actually rooted and rebooted but then i turned the phone off from it running slow and it was not rooted. Ever since that time when i do the steps over z4root will start to root and will just close and go back to the home screen? :blink:
  2. AWDkid

AWDkid New Member

Went through from the beginning again and the phone rooted and did the reboot but once again after every reboot my phone runs so slow and laggy. So i turn it off and then back on and its not rooted anymore. I read somewhere maybe becuase im doing permanet, should i try temporary?

-Zak
  3. AWDkid

AWDkid New Member

Can anyone help?
  4. mikelikesbikes

mikelikesbikes New Member

Do you have the regular droid 2 our the droid 2global?

Sent from my newly liberated Droid2
  5. mikelikesbikes

Also, go to your phones settings, scroll down to the bottom to about phone, look for android version, hopefully it will say 2.3.3. Lastly do you have access to a computer? If so we are in business.
  6. AWDkid

AWDkid New Member

Just regular DROID 2, yes 2.3.3 and yep have a computer. That's how I tried the one method of taking the download from the pc to the phones sd card but it did not work :(
  7. mikelikesbikes

8. AWDkid

AWDkid New Member

Ok thanks, il give that one a try! Do i need to have a special rom first and is there a thread that tells about all the different roms?
  9. AWDkid

AWDkid New Member

Worked! Thanks a lot man! :hail:
  10. mikelikesbikes

No you don't have to even worry about ROMs until AFTER you root. So you see the superuser icon in your app drawer?
  11. chrisc10423

chrisc10423 New Member

I am having the same problem, cannot root my Droid 2 running 2.3.3, and the Droid Life root did not work for my phone.
  12. mikelikesbikes

Go to settings, about phone, tell me the build number & Android version. Can go from there.

Sent from my rooted DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
  13. AWDkid

AWDkid New Member

14. mootsnoots

mootsnoots New Member

I have a droid 2(non global) with gingerbread 2.3.4 and I have tried several different ways to root the device. Every time I try, it starts the process and after the phone reboots the first time, it stops and gets stuck on the bootloader screen and never reboots. I have the motorola drivers installed and my debugging is clicked on. Any ideas to help me out would be great.
  15. mikelikesbikes

There isn't t a root method yet for that version. An SBF option has just been released. If you want root the only option at this point is to use the new SBF and go back to 2.3.3,and then root. I am on my Razr not my laptop otherwise I would post a link for you. It is on this forum though.

16. mootsnoots

mootsnoots New Member

Do you have a specific search topic I can use to find the sbf easier?
  17. mikelikesbikes

Look in the Droid 2 hacks forum. In the stickie section, it's the one on top. 1kds is the original poster. Go to the last page, I think The Mib posted the new SBF, and follow the link. You need the version that matches your current android version and current build number. There is lots of info on how to SBF. My advice to you on that is read read read. Read it until you can recite it and read it again. There are lots of knowledgeable people here who are willing to help including myself so don't be afraid to ask questions.

18. ineedhelpplease

ineedhelpplease New Member

I'm way confused

This sounds easy and suppose to be easy for the video, but i tired like 5-6 root program including the one mentioned here. i have spent hrs upon hrs trying everything include deleting driving and reinstalling Motorola drivers. This program said that i've been rooted yet i have neither superuser or any root programs that work. I don't know what i'm doing wrong. i tried pc mode, tried massive storage mode, i tried charge only mode and so on. Only thing that came close to working is superoneclick but it get in the middle of something and always freezes. I am not sure what to do, i'm so feed up that i eve signed up for this just so i can find someone to help me. i used unroot, superoneclick, Dorootwin, this one, and believe one other. i tired each one over and over... what am i doing wrong
  19. ineedhelpplease

ineedhelpplease New Member

Oh and one other thing, i've read over 10 different trends, if not 30... i'm about to quit for i've lost least 10 hrs of my time in 2 days just to try to get this to work. yet i need the memory optimizer since my phone is bad a managing memory. i am using auto memory manager for now till i get get this working, for it don't work as good as i'd like it to
  20. mikelikesbikes

Go to settings... about phone... I need the system version, android version, and build number. Can go from there.

Search tags for this page

problems rooting droid 2