having problems connecting phone to pc

cwd500

Reaction score
when i conncet nothing happens but charging. i have tried it with debugging on and off and on mass storage and ask on connection. i have uninstalled and reinstalled the usb driver. i have power down the phone and rebooted it. i have rebooted the computer. is there anything else i can try? i am coming to think it is the phone and i need to bring it to verizon.

millwood

Reaction score
Set the phone to USB debugging and Mass Forage. Unplug the phone and turn it off. Install the drivers again on your PC. From there plug the cord into the phone and turn it on. That should get it to recognize it. I had a similar issue after installing CWM. I had to do this until I installed SC on the phone.

Rsswga

Reaction score
I had this issue. It was the usb cable that was faulty..try different one

sent with D.F. app..Sam fascinate

OP
C

cwd500

Reaction score
I had this issue. It was the usb cable that was faulty..try different one

sent with D.F. app..Sam fascinate

the same cable works with my wifes droid 1

TBV

Reaction score
When I 1st attached the device to my PC I got an error message from my PC stating that there was a problem with the driver and the item would not operate correctly...although I could see a removable drive connected when I went top the 'My Computer' portion of my PC, when clicking on the icon there was nothing showing.

I then disconnected the device from the USB of the PC, and on the phone went to Settings> USB Settings> and chose 'Ask on Connection'...

When I then connected to the PC, I pulled down the notification bar, selected USB Connected, and chose to 'Mount' when prompted.

A prompt then appeared near the bottom right of my PC that it was downloading the Samsung driver from VZW, and moments later the phone was recognized and all was good.

Hope this helps anyone else who may come across this issue. TBV

Hymizzle

Reaction score
I had this problem and tried everything there was to fix it. SD mount worked properly but it was the PC recognizing the phone and installing drivers that was the problem. Found that if you add another account on your PC , use the new user account and it finally worked flawlessly. Give it try!

smokie11

Reaction score
when i conncet nothing happens but charging. i have tried it with debugging on and off and on mass storage and ask on connection. i have uninstalled and reinstalled the usb driver. i have power down the phone and rebooted it. i have rebooted the computer. is there anything else i can try? i am coming to think it is the phone and i need to bring it to verizon.

I don't know if you found a solution yet but I do not load any driver package from Samsung nor Verizon. My Fascinate mounts perfectly on PC with Win XP 32-bit and Win 7 64-bit...however it will not mount in any way shape or form to my Win Vista 64-bit PC. I also understand that it won't mount on a Mac after the dl09 update.

You haven't mentioned what kind of computer or OS you are using, just wanted to let you know that the problem may be there and not with phone. Good luck.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should be able to mount your phone….but if you are having issues, have to wait for a cable, and have wifi, you can download an app called WiFi Explorer Pro from the Market and it will give you a web address to input into your computers browser. You can then explore your SD card just like you would if it was mounted.