Having problems after trying to update to gingerbread

Jay.Weezy.2012

Reaction score
Im sorry if anything like this has already been posted

I used the update file on this forum to update my droid pro to gingerbread, everything seemed successful, when rebooted got the red motorola logo, but the red droid logo didnt show the screen was blank but i heard the sound of 'DROID'. I know that the phone booted because pressing certain keys caused a vibration. So i decided to SBF, and now the phone boots with white motorola logo, but after boot only the status bar shows and the touch call button, phone runs very slow can access the list of apps but cannot run anything. have to keep doing battery pull. any ideas on how to fix this?

EDIT: Okay factory resetted the phone and its working normally but still cant manage to update to gingerbread its driving me crazy!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Im sorry if anything like this has already been posted

I used the update file on this forum to update my droid pro to gingerbread, everything seemed successful, when rebooted got the red motorola logo, but the red droid logo didnt show the screen was blank but i heard the sound of 'DROID'. I know that the phone booted because pressing certain keys caused a vibration. So i decided to SBF, and now the phone boots with white motorola logo, but after boot only the status bar shows and the touch call button, phone runs very slow can access the list of apps but cannot run anything. have to keep doing battery pull. any ideas on how to fix this?

EDIT: Okay factory resetted the phone and its working normally but still cant manage to update to gingerbread its driving me crazy!!!!!!!!
Are you running Froyo with the OTA updates (2.26 and 3.8.7) applied. When you sbf'd you also needed to apply the two updates just mentioned. If you didn't do the two updates then the current Verizon OTA update to Gingerbread will not download and install. You can download and flash the two updates and that will bring your phone up to date and ready to receive the current Verizon update to Gingerbread 2.3.3.

OP
J

Jay.Weezy.2012

Reaction score
Are you running Froyo with the OTA updates (2.26 and 3.8.7) applied. When you sbf'd you also needed to apply the two updates just mentioned. If you didn't do the two updates then the current Verizon OTA update to Gingerbread will not download and install. You can download and flash the two updates and that will bring your phone up to date and ready to receive the current Verizon update to Gingerbread 2.3.3.

Thanks for replying to my thread.

Good news is, after i factory resetted and installed the two updates, the gingerbread update rolled thru the phones update menu. So now im running gingerbread and its awesome!!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Thanks for replying to my thread.

Good news is, after i factory resetted and installed the two updates, the gingerbread update rolled thru the phones update menu. So now im running gingerbread and its awesome!!
Glad it's working for you.