Having problem with Seidio replacement battery

Discussion in 'Seidio' started by JhankG, Jan 18, 2010.

1. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I received my Seidio replacement battery for the Droid about a week ago and recently noticed a problem. At first, I just thought that the battery sucked because it didn't seem to last more than a few hours. The Seidio battery seemed to drain very fast and I would always immediately switch back to the stock battery when it got in the yellow. Today, the battery went into the yellow, but I decided to do a restart before switching over. After rebooting, the battery was completely back in the green at almost a full charge (which is where I would have expected it to be). A few hours later, I am back in the yellow after very little use. After another reboot, I am once again in the green. My stock battery has never done this, so it is obviously an issue with the replacement. Has anyone else who purchased the Seidio replacement battery experienced this? Seidio, do you have any suggestions? It is quite frustrating that I can't trust the battery meter on the Droid unless I am using the stock battery.

2. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Very possible (and IMHO LIKELY) it's the battery. I no longer buy Seidio batteries because of so many bad experience with my old devices. I'm not alone, many of my fellow WM chefs will not use them either.

On the plus side their customer service is great so they will send out as many as needed until you get a good one (though you're probably better off just getting your money back).

3. seidioseidio

seidioseidio Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

Thank you for your comments and we are sorry about your experience. Please PM us your order information and we will be more than happy to see what we can do for you!

Regards,

4. hholloman

hholloman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I received my battery 2 weeks ago and have noticed the same issue.

5. hholloman

hholloman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got a call from Chang with Seidio's tech support and he advised that the problem is with the phone's firmware. He also stated that the oem battery behaves in the same manner. I told him my oem battery does not produce the same issue. He offered to replace it but would give the same results since according to their testing it is the firmware. I elected for a refund since it seems like they need to do some more testing.

6. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Nothing pisses me off more than when some company tries to blame something other than their product for defects when it's clearly them.

I was on the phone with Verizon yesterday *****ing because my Network Extender stopped working after like 3 months, and they tried to blame my wireless router as suddenly not working with the Network Extender. I laughed at them and they got pissed...but eventually agreed to send a new one...sure enough, the new NE works no problem.

7. hholloman

hholloman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's the standard knee jerk reaction companies exhibit when there is a problem reported with their product. I guess when the support rep told me that the oem battery had the same problem I should have said "Well excuse me then, I guess I have a defective oem battery since it doesn't exhibit these problems you indicate".:icon_ banana:
    When I told him that the oem battery worked fine he went on to start babbling about how their battery was only 1350mAh and the oem was 1390 so therefore would not last as long. I was like "What the **** does that have to do with the problem I reported?" That sounds just like my 5 year old when he is questioned about misbehaving.

8. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting a refund after hearing their response to hholloman. My oem battery does NOT do this. The Seidio battery DOES. It is as simple as that.

9. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, it's really making me second guess their extended slim when it comes out. :(

10. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    You should second guess purchasing any of their batteries. I tried them on 2 devices before and had no luck. One of my WM chefs I used works for a large tech company and has tried several through his company and they are known to have issues (least on Smartphone).

On the plus side their Customer Service is GREAT so you'll have no problem getting a refund (and between their batteries and their cases they are giving a LOT of refunds lately).

Note: This is the second issue with their products they have blamed on Motorola. They blame Moto for their cases not fitting many phones. And while that may be understandable Seidio still has MANY other known/confirmed issues in Quality Control and design (especially with their cases). I was lucky enough to get a case/holster that fits and was properly made (i.e. correct mic hole and embossed logo) but for the $$ of their products they should be a lot better. I personally won't be buying anything more from them in the near future. Just my $.02

11. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Got to be honest...despite your surely good advice, I don't know of any other company that even plans on making an extended slim battery, so it's worth a try if their customer service is good. If not, I get a refund and never deal with them again...

12. darreno1

darreno1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well in all fairness, I did have a Seidio in my Palm Pre and never had a problem. I'd try their customer service like the above user said before jumping to conclusions. Maybe they had a defective batch and will take care of the issue. On the Pre forums they were very accommodating.

Search tags for this page

basi35htp2

seidio extended battery case issues
seidio extened battery issues
troubleshoot seidio battery case razr