Having my first real issue

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I'm having my first issue that I couldn't have created.

My phone is having problems with the gyro whatever thingy that determines how the phone is oriented. Pictures and browser don't rotate when turning the phone on its side. As a test, I ran the level app and it continuously jumps around like it can't tell how the phone is being held.

If I reboot, it fixes the problem for a bit, but then it comes back.

Anyone run into this one?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I think I'm having my first issue that I couldn't have created.

My phone is having problems with the gyro whatever thingy that determines how the phone is oriented. Pictures and browser don't rotate when turning the phone on its side. As a test, I ran the level app and it continuously jumps around like it can't tell how the phone is being held.

If I reboot, it fixes the problem for a bit, but then it comes back.

Anyone run into this one?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

There are quite a number of posts describing the same issues where the sensor seems to become confused and starts jumping through all sorts of values at random. This apparently prevents the phone from knowing that it has been reoriented and therefore it will not rotate as expected. People have also described that rebooting helps, but like you it only helps for a while. I am real interested in finding the answer to this, but haven't experienced it myself so I can't troubleshoot.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I said screw it and exchanged the phone for another new one.

Unfortunately, I thought I backed everything up and yet things were lost.

In case anyone wants to know, LauncherPro backups don't seem to restore once on another device, even the same device. Vaulty pics aren't saved on the sdcard evidently, I lost many pics there. And Bookmarks to SD doesn't seem to keep things on the SD either :blink:

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also, and this seems to be a big one, when I connect to the pc with the usb and switch to mass storage, unlike the previous Razr, I don't get a window for the internal storage, only the sdcard-ext. I get an install motocast file but I already have it.

anyone know what I'm missing here?

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I said screw it and exchanged the phone for another new one.

Unfortunately, I thought I backed everything up and yet things were lost.

In case anyone wants to know, LauncherPro backups don't seem to restore once on another device, even the same device. Vaulty pics aren't saved on the sdcard evidently, I lost many pics there. And Bookmarks to SD doesn't seem to keep things on the SD either :blink:

well, replacement phone is doing the same thing. Wonder if there's a fix. Being that I'm guessing it's a hardware issue, I doubt it