Having issues with Liquid 1.5 MR

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
Play Store & Google Acct Issues

Previously I had Eclipse 2.0 on my phone and followed the instructions from the link below to install ICS .232 and Liquid 1.5 MR1. ICS .232 seems to work great with no issues. However with the Liquid 1.5 MR1 of SafeStrap 2 I'm having some issues. First off, I can't tell if I'm on 4G or 3G I have it on LTE/CDMA. Secondly, when I try load the 'Play Store' I keep getting 'Server Error'. Third, my Google account under 'Accounts & sync' says 'Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly.' Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Yeah I got same problems on this ROM, I dont think Liquid is really the way to go for the Bionic. (no disrespect, Ive been following and using his roms for a long time since froyo OG), I know you can fix the play store error by deleting the apps cache. That works for most of the play store errors.

OP
SDroidDawg

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
I've tried the deleting the cache and all, even to the point of wiping it and doing it entirely. I can't get it to work. So I am moving on. :(

Silvernirvash

Reaction score
I find those issues more on the rom users side not on the roms side itself. I haven't had a single issue aside from fc when I try and launch the YouTube app. I can clearly see when I have 4 or not seeing as the icon at the top clearly says 4g when you have 4g. Maybe you are doing something wrong. Try wiping data and cache and reinstalling it to start from scratch. Also which leak are you on? I also suggest getting over to 232 of you havent seeing as that's the latest official leak with the leaks issues when using liquid smooth. This roms perfect for the bionic so please don't say its not seeing as liquid smooth was originally made FOR Motorola Droid a few years ago.

OP
SDroidDawg

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
I find those issues more on the rom users side not on the roms side itself. I haven't had a single issue aside from fc when I try and launch the YouTube app. I can clearly see when I have 4 or not seeing as the icon at the top clearly says 4g when you have 4g. Maybe you are doing something wrong. Try wiping data and cache and reinstalling it to start from scratch. Also which leak are you on? I also suggest getting over to 232 of you havent seeing as that's the latest official leak with the leaks issues when using liquid smooth. This roms perfect for the bionic so please don't say its not seeing as liquid smooth was originally made FOR Motorola Droid a few years ago.

I have tried wiping data and cache and reinstalling, no luck. Here is the link of instructions I used [GUIDE] Easiest Step-By-Step Tutorial For Upgrading Your Bionic To ICS - xda-developers. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thank you

sigshane

Reaction score
I am also having the fc on the YouTube app.

However, this is the only problem I have noticed; as far as the screen rotation, mine works fine! Battery life improvement is off the chart, kinda regretting ordering an extended battery now ;-)

YouTube videos play fine within the browser anyway, so I am thoroughly pleased with Liquid.

One thing though - can airplane mode be added to either the pull down toggle or the one which comes on one of the Liquid home screens?

sigshane

Reaction score
Actually, I figured out how to adjust my toggles too, so all good here!

OP
SDroidDawg

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
I did figure out that it was the fact that I was continuing on with option M, installing the Gapps. If I leave that out, the Liquid works fine.

jickracer007

Reaction score
I must say that I'm in love with the fluidness of the ""Liquid ROM"
The only issue I have had was the same that I have had with other ROMs if I lost data I had to do a complete 3 wipe install but I have had to only do it once.
I am very pleased to say the least with this ROM