Having issues with Liberity 2.0 on my DX - How to go back to stock?

OP
G

GiZIM

Reaction score
none that i know of, but you need to make sure which ever on you decide with is the correct file size, if its corrupted, you will soft brick your phone and have to sbf. I would use maderstock because you can hash check it on your computer, before you flash it. I used the one from team black hat and it wasn't complete so i had to sfb, just dont download over 3g.

Good call, thanks

OP
G

GiZIM

Reaction score
Also someone asked what issues was I having with Liberty 2.0 well
1. Seems that I can't change themes more than once maybe twice if i installed the UD theme and i want to go to Epic Blue it says it downloads and installs but never done.. stays with UD

2. I can't get the Market to work i can get in but when i hit one of the category's it locks up and FC's.

3. My LED's seem to be acting odd they sometimes don't come on if i have a missed call, sms, email.

4. Under Liberty Toolbox there is an option for battery icons i tried to pick a different one and the phone rebooted and defaulted my wallpaper to Liberty stock and never installed the battery icons.

Granted I'm not a moron but this is all new to me in damn near every way.

Strothmann

Reaction score
1. Seems that I can't change themes more than once maybe twice if i installed the UD theme and i want to go to Epic Blue it says it downloads and installs but never done.. stays with UD

2. I can't get the Market to work i can get in but when i hit one of the category's it locks up and FC's.

3. My LED's seem to be acting odd they sometimes don't come on if i have a missed call, sms, email.

4. Under Liberty Toolbox there is an option for battery icons i tried to pick a different one and the phone rebooted and defaulted my wallpaper to Liberty stock and never installed the battery icons.

I was was to use all the things you're having problems with. I always manually flashed themes in clockwork. there not much you can do besides wipe and try again. they updated liberty today in the toolbox, try that.

OP
G

GiZIM

Reaction score

I was was to use all the things you're having problems with. I always manually flashed themes in clockwork. there not much you can do besides wipe and try again. they updated liberty today in the toolbox, try that.

How do you manually flash in Clockwork? Download the theme .zip and install in Clockwork? Does that seem to work better? Yeah i saw they updated the FC issue in the settings.

I did a backup in Clockwork (Nandroid?) so i can come back if i want.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I could to, thats odd. Ive always had problems with the toolbox not booting into CWM so ive always just downloaded then done it manually.

Strothmann

Reaction score
in clockwork you just select the zip file you want to flash. if the theme is downloaded by liberty toolbox it will be in the liberty folder on your SD, yes if you have a back up you wil be able to go back.aslo did you use the tool box to backup your stock rom? cause if you did i know why you cant find it.

OP
G

GiZIM

Reaction score
in clockwork you just select the zip file you want to flash. if the theme is downloaded by liberty toolbox it will be in the liberty folder on your SD, yes if you have a back up you wil be able to go back.aslo did you use the tool box to backup your stock rom? cause if you did i know why you cant find it.

No, i think i just forgot to backup the stock rom no worries though i got the maderstock just going to flash back.

Also, what is the best way to reinstall Liberty? i already have it running and installed would going to the toolbox and reinstalling be good enough for a "fresh install" or should i flash back to .340 and start over?

Strothmann

Reaction score
I would start over to be sure in your case. root run liberty toolbox donate, install.
but you could wipe every thing from clock work and install the new version of liberty(thats what i did).

OP
G

GiZIM

Reaction score
I would start over to be sure in your case. root run liberty toolbox donate, install.
but you could wipe every thing from clock work and install the new version of liberty(thats what i did).

Great, thanks so what I'll do is flash back to .340 with maderstock do a Clockwork backup of the ROM and maybe reflash Liberty 2.0 again. Okay one more question and I'll shut up on the forum post how to install maderstock is says i need the Droid X Bootstrap which is $2. Is there anything else i can use to do that? Like Clockwork or the Liberty Toolbox to get into recoverty to reflash maderstock?

Strothmann

Reaction score
droid x bootstrap is required i would by it, but its included in the liberty toolbox thanks to jrummy16. Install Droid X Bootstrap hit reboot recovery, then reboot recovery reboots you in to clockwork mod, that how i get to clockwork. Again its what you want to do I would just get the Droid X Bootstrap app so you don't have to depend on the tool box to work. And your fine, this is how to learn, I just jumped in all of this one day and didn't ask any question and i found out for myself what to do. i take joy in helping people with something i like.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Anything that will reboot into recovery will work. You could also get the bootstrapper off Koush's site (just google droid x bootstrapper, dont remember the url atm).

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
And your fine, this is how to learn, I just jumped in all of this one day and didn't ask any question and i found out for myself what to do. i take joy in helping people with something i like.

+1 to this..... This is pretty much me too, except i read alot on here also.

OP
G

GiZIM

Reaction score
droid x bootstrap is required i would by it, but its included in the liberty toolbox thanks to jrummy16. Install Droid X Bootstrap hit reboot recovery, then reboot recovery reboots you in to clockwork mod, that how i get to clockwork. Again its what you want to do I would just get the Droid X Bootstrap app so you don't have to depend on the tool box to work. And your fine, this is how to learn, I just jumped in all of this one day and didn't ask any question and i found out for myself what to do. i take joy in helping people with something i like.

Thanks man, so is a Nandroid back up the same as going into Clockwork and doing a backup?..