Having issues buying gameloft games

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by SEGA, Dec 13, 2010.

1. SEGA

SEGA New Member

I bought 'Brother In Arms 2 HD' yesterday and I have been charged for the game 4 times already, every few hours I get a new email confirming my new purchase.

Customer support calls take me to a closed office with a recording asking for me to leave my phone number, but when I do the mailbox is full.

I had to contact my bank to cancel my card, now I'm disputing the charges.

Money was refunded!
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Changed your title...It was misleading.
    There is nothing wrong with the games, You are having purchase issues.
  3. PolyOlefin

PolyOlefin New Member

You should email them; that's how I was able to get in touch with their customer service rep.

I had an issue earlier this year buying "Dungeon Hunter"; my first several download attempts failed, and even after I was able to get it, the game would just FC upon opening.

I contacted Gameloft to ask for a refund, to which they replied, "we don't do refunds, we will come out with a fix, please be patient".

To their credit, they emailed me with a link to a fixed .apk within a month or so. The game worked fine after that... but I've been wary of Gameloft's Android shenanigans ever since. If an app does not work for my device the day I bought it, I expect to be able to claim a refund that same day. If I purchased a new product from a retail store, only to find it was broken, it would be unacceptable for that store to refuse a refund. Digital downloads, in a way, saps the consumer's rights bit by bit.

From reading around on the web, it seems Gameloft lacks confidence in Google's handling of the Market, in terms of profit potential and piracy, and chooses to handle payment/delivery themselves. Which is well within their right... I just wish it was streamlined, with adequate customer support.
  4. SEGA

SEGA New Member

Gameloft refunded the transactions.
Search tags for this page

gameloft customer support

gameloft customer-service phone number