Having big problems CM-> ESE53

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was running CM 5.0.6.2 with Apps2SD enabled, and decided I wanted to go back to a ESE53 ROM. I flashed SPRecovery, wiped data and cache twice, and loaded the rom.tgz of the ESE53 ROM (AdamZ's smoked glass). However, When I tried to load the rom the first time, I had gotten a nandroid error 99, so I flashed an old UD backup I had, redownloaded the ROM, wiped data and cache again (twice) and then tried flashing the newly downloaded ROM. The problem is, when I booted up from what I can tell only the Droid style font and a couple of apps I selected to be installed from the Smoked Glass ROM. EVerything else is from my old UD backup, it's like SPRecovery mixed the two rom's together...any help, please?

Edit: I tried an ADB format system, cache, data, then tried reinstallation of the Smoked Glass ROM, got nandroid 99 again.

OP
titans

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Any ideas?

OP
titans

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Bump.'............

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ill ask around. I know some one who knows this CM pretty well.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
roladroid is the one one I PMed about it since he is running and has a real good grasp of CM:

here was his respnse:

I have never Partitioned my sdcard and haven't enabled apps to SD. However, It sound to me like he needs to save all the important things on his sdcard to his desktop and format the card ..this will take the partition portion away, to me it sounds like some parts of a ROM are in one partitioned area and other parts of another ROM are in another. Once the card is formatted and system is wiped, this should go away...I would definitely start all over if I was in his shoes ... I haven't heard of error 99 though?

OP
titans

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmm thanks ........ Gonna try that when I get home

OP
titans

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm having problems formating the SD card...I mount the SD card using my Droid, right click on Removable Disk (I'm 100% sure I'm clicking the right one), click format, and it says it doesn't recognize it, and it unmounts my SD card. I've had a lot of trouble so I decided to flash the 2.0.1 SBF, install DroidMod, and restart from there. However, what should I know about flashing the sbf? So if I flash the 2.0.1 SBF, it will flash my phone back to 2.0.1, and all I have to do is resign into google and *228 right? Will it reformat my SD card too? Is there anything else that the SBF does?

OP
titans

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm having problems formating the SD card...I mount the SD card using my Droid, right click on Removable Disk (I'm 100% sure I'm clicking the right one), click format, and it says it doesn't recognize it, and it unmounts my SD card. I've had a lot of trouble so I decided to flash the 2.0.1 SBF, install DroidMod, and restart from there. However, what should I know about flashing the sbf? So if I flash the 2.0.1 SBF, it will flash my phone back to 2.0.1, and all I have to do is resign into google and *228 right? Will it reformat my SD card too? Is there anything else that the SBF does?
Anyone out there that can answer these questions? I'd like to have my phone fixed before I have to sleep =)

RoLa

Reaction score
Hey titans, Can you boot into ClockworkMod Recovery? There is an option to format the card there.

OP
titans

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey, yes I am atm =). To get it back to a stock card, should I format sd-ext, sd card, or both?

RoLa

Reaction score
I would do both. I suggest wiping everything and starting over. Once you partition the sdcard, You are now able to use apps2sd and store your apps in the sd-ext folder. With everything that got mixed together, I would just Format both. Did you save important files from the card to your PC? I wouldn't worry too much about the nandroid backups seeing how they may have been contaminated as well.

OP
titans

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yep I backed up my info to my pc thanks...do you have any information regarding my RSD lite questions? Trying to make sure I don't mess up my phone

RoLa

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't see any reason to do so. Once you have formatted the sdcard, factory reset, and clear the cache all within the recovery, you should be good to go. If it's something that you are going to lose sleep over, then by all means do it. I have seen some issues with computer software though mostly win vista, win 7, and obviously mac. You may also get the 2.1 OTA update prompt once the flash is complete. I truly believe flashing any sbf file is like running to me, I only do it in life or death situations. Why not try formatting everything, get your ROM of choice, and see if the phone gives you any grief in a day or two.

OP
titans

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys, I was able to reformat the SD Card and flash the .sbf succesffully. It's time to have a fresh start to the phone (if you had my phone, you could see that it got messed up somehow). Thanks