having app issues, menu key sluggish

rhettsmum

Reaction score
Ok, I'm on my second replacement phone, not sure what's going on. First, I can download Angry Birds Rio, but every installation of the original and seasons are unsuccessful. I don't have trouble with any other apps, what's up with this?
Also, sometimes the keys along the front (menu, home,etc.) are sluggish and I also sometimes have trouble using the suggested corrections on the screen - I have to press and hold for it to work, or rarely it won't work at all. I don't discount that it could be user error since it's not every time, but I wondered if anyone else has this issue...
Thanks for any help, I just don't know if it's worth a trip to the store when the next replacement might be even worse :/

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Reaction score
For the angry birds issue, unmount your SD card before you download and install them. They're trying to force themselves straight to SD (that's how they're programmed), but Froyo doesn't like this, so you get an error. Unmounting the SD card will solve your problem. No idea about your other issues, sorry.

OP
rhettsmum

rhettsmum

Reaction score
Oh, thanks for the app info, I'll try that... when the new one comes, they're sending me a(nother) replacement. sigh

OP
rhettsmum

rhettsmum

Reaction score
NiceGuysFinishLast, thanks again, unmounting the card totally worked for the app installation!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

motorbikematt

Reaction score
Funny, my replacement D2G exhibits the exact same problem wih the Menu key, but I notice the problem getting worse up the entire left side of the screen.

Time to get new phone...tired of Motorola's crap quality control