Having an odd constant sync issue...

Sindervhit

Reaction score
I'm on rooted 2.2 as of last night, and the sync icon in the notification has yet to shut off and it seems to be draining my battery pretty fast, I took it off the charger at 9 and I was at 60% by noon with very minimal use. I enclosed a screen capture for reference...any thoughts or ideas?

Also...something that may or may not be related, it seems to be taking forever to get any of my gmail pushed through...I usually seem to be getting a handful pushed through all at once.

Attachments

• sync.jpg
    sync.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 267

leonsb3

Reaction score
-bump

I have the same issue, its the Blur sync thats doing for me and I dont know what to do to get rid of it. can anyone shed light on this?

thx!

grembling22

Reaction score
Did you guys use titanium backup to restore? I found that when I used titanum to restore my user accounts I had this problem.

ArmyDude

Reaction score
I too had the same problem. I was beginning to think that the FlyX Custom ROM was causing this. I used Titanium backup to restore everything as well. Maybe I need to go back to MyBackup.

leonsb3

Reaction score
well yes I did as matter of fact... ok then if that is the cause what is the fix?

ArmyDude

Reaction score
well yes I did as matter of fact... ok then if that is the cause what is the fix?

My initial testing...

Let Titanium backup restore your personal applications and data. Do not let it restore your messaging stuff. I used MyBackup to restore my Data. I reproduced the issue when I went back and told titanium backup to restore my "Messaging" stuff. This includes the email accounts.

grembling22

Reaction score
Armydude, are you sure its the messaging? For me it was when I restored "Accounts" using titanium.

What I did to fix the issue was Restored birdmans deodexed Froyo nandroid backup. From there I had a fresh phone with nothing on it. I then used titanium to restore just the apps only (no data).

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Could have been. I didn't restore the accounts either the last time.

droidxep

Reaction score
do either of you use weatherbug. I flashed and used titanium and had the same issue. Im pretty sure mine was the weatherbug widget getting hung up though. Try just reloading the widget and see if it fixes it, possibly might have to go one step further and redownload weatherbug.