Having An Issue With 2.1 - Come In Here

rustydog

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 9
I have an issue after unplugging headphones. It does not revert to speaker. I need to play the next song (using Pandora) to recover. I did not use the headphone jack prior to the 2.1 upgrade, I was aware of problems with unplugging in the prior release, so I did not use it.

dafischman

Reaction score
I have an issue with my Live Wallpapers randomly reverting back to previous, non-live, wallpapers. Also, the star one randomly freezes up. Any fixes?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I have an issue with my Live Wallpapers randomly reverting back to previous, non-live, wallpapers. Also, the star one randomly freezes up. Any fixes?
Some of the LWP's from the Market are not optimized for the Droid yet. I had same issue with Starfield.

kesnik

Reaction score
I got the OTA update message this morning. I clicked accept and the phone instantly shutdown and rebooted. The reboot didn't make it very far, it just stays on the Moto symbol. I was using the Pandora app when the update message came. I am also using the beautiful widget and the helix home replacement. I have never rooted the phone. I have only installed a few apps.

Any ideas what happened? If i wait, will I get another OTA update message? I don't want to do a manual update.

-kesnik

Ok, i wanted to get the OTA through verizon but after this ...... ill just try to manually update it.

So i put the update.zip file on the SD card but when i try to boot into recovery mode (power button + "X") it gets "stuck" at the moto symbol. I waited for about 15 min and it was still on the moto screen. Do i just have bad luck? I can get into safe mode but not recovery.

Thanks

Last edited:

solar

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with pinch and zoom and the text being rearranged. Prior to the update using the Dolphin browser when I would zoom the text would rearrange so it was all visible on one screen.

Now after the update that no longer happens.

If I use the stock browser and tap to zoom the text gets rearranged but not if I pinch and zoom.

I'm running Dolphin browser version 42.

I just checked mine, and I too have the same issue getting the page to "reflow" or organize the text in one readable column when using pinch and zoom. Like you said, it does work with the on-screen zoom buttons. weird.

Neko

Reaction score
My LED notifications for new texts/emails doesnt come on anymore. I'm not going to do a factory reset and lose all my info, what do I do? What is Verizon saying about this bugs?
If you are talking about the led not illuminating while the screen is on thats a normal "feature" of 2.1.

If the led doesn't notify you while the sceen is off then you have an issue.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The colored light that is supposed to blink when a text or email comes doesnt blink anymore. So there is a problem, how do we fix this?

solar

Reaction score
My LED notifications for new texts/emails doesnt come on anymore. I'm not going to do a factory reset and lose all my info, what do I do? What is Verizon saying about this bugs?
If you are talking about the led not illuminating while the screen is on thats a normal "feature" of 2.1.

If the led doesn't notify you while the sceen is off then you have an issue.

The colored light that is supposed to blink when a text or email comes doesnt blink anymore. So there is a problem, how do we fix this?

It appears that this is "by design". The LED does blink as long as your screen is off. It won't do it when its on. I'm sure the programmer was assuming that since the screen is on and there is a notification bar, it was uneccessary (i'm just guessing at this point though). Regardless, there is nothing you or I can do to fix it.

ridaz650

Reaction score
I like the update so far.. with one exception.. seems my games are very choppy now as though the frame rates have slowed significantly.. I have nesoid with a few roms loaded and under 2.0 they ran perfectly, now they are so choppy they are not even worth playing.. any one else having this issue and know of a fix?

Yes +1 Snesoid and Nesoid and pretty much any halfway intensive game will show a choppiness where there wasn't before, even though I am probably hypersensitive to it. When you guys were saying the framerate varied quite a bit from high to low that is how I would describe what choppiness is. Supposedly, emulators run poorly on all 2.1 builds because something in the firmware was reverted back to the way it was before 2.01 and that had issues with it as well. man...this sucks

p.s Twice already my stock livewallpaper crashed I don't have many apps at all and factory reset 2 days ago.

just tried out nesoid today; very choppy when playing the games. :mad: moving from home screen's aren't as quick as before also; really annoying. hopefully this will get fixed..

warrior21

Reaction score
market>apps>all applications>top free>second app down below google maps

celphtitled

Reaction score
I'm having terrible lag and did the 2.1 manual update. I've pulled the battery, I took off live wallpapers and nothing is working.

Any thoughts.

Thanks!

If you have a task killer on, remove it. Also some of the home replacements are creating lags. I removed mine and the lag got better but is still there. I am totally frustrated with the 2.1 update. It made my phone worse than before.

delete task killer??

yes i am with you on that. 2.1 seems nice on paper, but sucks in reality.

all that hype for nothing

rushmr2

Reaction score
Hey I've been trying to help a friend who did the OTA update this morning but nothing seems to have updated. No live wallpapers, no pinch zoom on the browser and no new gallery. In the About Phone menu, it says 2.1 and the build number is ESE81. I already tried restarting but that didn't seem to do anything. Any ideas?