Having An Issue With 2.1 - Come In Here

Stevez87

Reaction score
hey guys i got the 2.1 update on my moto droid but now im having an issuse with battery life now ?? my battery is now lasting about 8 hours i normally got 15-20 with it no problem but under battery usage there is nothing that comes up just the normal android OS display cell stand by.

the only new apps i got was what came with the update, DX top with a theme, settings profile and xscope lite other then that it was just the 2.1 update

any of these new apps i have knowen for draining the battery ? i only have auto sync on and the brightness on my phone but it was always set like that and i was getting 15-20 hours

any info would be appreciated im trying to tweak some things but im not sure ill be able to get back up to 15-20 hours again

JLB09

Reaction score
Updated Home Screen Navigation
Along with the added home screens comes a thumbnail-based navigation system that allows you to quickly jump to any screen. You can still swipe left or right normally to move through the various screens, but the thumbnail system gives you the option to also see small icons of all five screens and tap directly on any one to jump straight to it.

This was supposed to come with the update? Has anyone seen this because I have not. It looks really interesting. Help!

Sunnyside

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing bluetooth connectivity issues? I've been using a jawbone prime for the past 4 moths on 2.0.1 with no issues. However, after an OTA update this past weekend, I can't initiate an outbound bluetooth call. Inbound calls work fine.

I've searched this topic and come up empty so far...

thanks!

I may have fixed my problem. I disconnected and removed the pairing (under bluetooth settings) and repaired. Several calls later and no issues.

MarkB

Reaction score
pinch/zoom reformatting, Picasa, Google Earth in market

Is it just me or does the pinch feature NOT rearrange text to fit into the available space? When I tapped the screen to expand the text fits the screen. The pinch feature makes it larger only needing to drag the page to see everything. I prefer the ability to read all with the screen tapvs pinch. Is this something I can change or is pinch only a magnifier?

I've posted about this in this thread several times. I even tried a factory reset in order to see if it would fix this problem. There IS an auto fit option available through settings in most browsers. But as of the update it makes no difference if that's on or off as far as pinch zoom is concerned. It's broken, at least for some of us, in the stock browser (the one that comes pre installed), Dolphin, Xscope and Tunny. Something must have changed within 2.1 itself, whatever the browsers were "hooking into" in the OS just isn't working the same way anymore. I find the lack of notification lights disturbing, but considering that I do a lot of browsing on my Droid, this is really really annoying, needing to do a combination of pinch zoom and double tap in order to get the right magnification AND format the text, bleh. Hope this is fixed soon.

The factory reset DID fix Picasa sync with the gallery and also allows Google Earth to show in the market. My droid is also somewhat faster/snappier since doing the reset yesterday. I had some static over bluetooth before that's now gone too.

spower

Reaction score
I got the update a few days ago, don't see any "big" differences except when I tap my screen sometimes it doesn't work. Ex. the camera, sometimes I have to open and close it a few times before it will actually take the picture when I tap the "camera button".
Also the virtual keyboard, I can't seem to tap the right key anymore!
Anybody else having an issue like this?

punk078910

Reaction score
hey guys, I just got the 2.1 update on my Moto Droid and when i go to My Gallery i get an error (process com.cooliris.media) has stopped unexpectedly.
i exited out and went back and i get that error every single time. what gives?
thanks in advance

GeLopez

Reaction score
so my post got buried (post #411 if you are interested)

my question is... 2.1 has the news and weather widget but mine is not updating when i use My Location

is this happening to anybody else?
I don't use my location...just use custom location and input where you are.

It works perfectly

If you travel around a lot to different states and counties that could be an issue if you like to have it always update to your current location though.

yes i travel. do you know of anything else that works updating itself by location? beautiful widgets maybe?

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
It might be in my head but I'm not sure if my browser is running a bit slower after the force manual update to 2.1?? I'm sure somebody has mentioned it already somewherw in this thread before. I kinda have a bit of ocd when it comes to tech and I always think I noticed little tiny flaws with whatever I owned. I just hope whatever I think I'm experiencing would've been the same if I waited for the update and not the fault of me manually updating early..its not a big deal the browsers not painfully slow this is just me obsessing lol sry

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Updated Home Screen Navigation
Along with the added home screens comes a thumbnail-based navigation system that allows you to quickly jump to any screen. You can still swipe left or right normally to move through the various screens, but the thumbnail system gives you the option to also see small icons of all five screens and tap directly on any one to jump straight to it.

This was supposed to come with the update? Has anyone seen this because I have not. It looks really interesting. Help!

U need an app in the market place called helix launcher and u might want home switcher too just in case. In helix launcher it gives u some sizing option cant really remember but its really refering to the amount of screens u can have up too, which is partly where i got confused. U coulf have up to 7 screens which is more than enough for me.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hey guys, I just got the 2.1 update on my Moto Droid and when i go to My Gallery i get an error (process com.cooliris.media) has stopped unexpectedly.
i exited out and went back and i get that error every single time. what gives?
thanks in advance

I just fixed this problem on my brothers phone. First delete the gallery. Next, do a full 30 second battery pull. Start the Droid back up and it should work fine.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It might be in my head but I'm not sure if my browser is running a bit slower after the force manual update to 2.1?? I'm sure somebody has mentioned it already somewherw in this thread before. I kinda have a bit of ocd when it comes to tech and I always think I noticed little tiny flaws with whatever I owned. I just hope whatever I think I'm experiencing would've been the same if I waited for the update and not the fault of me manually updating early..its not a big deal the browsers not painfully slow this is just me obsessing lol sry

The browser if anything appears to be running at the same speed and smoother when in use, i.e. scrolling. It no longer has the jerking look to it.

steveinil

Reaction score
cant unlock my phone if someone calles it unlocks normaly if i just unlock it but if someone calls and i go to answer it it wont do anything wont unlock or ignore or anythng even tried hitting the button at the top to put it to sleep then hitting it again to waik up and still cant unlock it till it stops ringing any ideas??

Blizwinter

Reaction score
I'm having terrible lag and did the 2.1 manual update. I've pulled the battery, I took off live wallpapers and nothing is working.

Any thoughts.

Thanks!

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Okay I have used the search mode and could not find the answer to my question so if this is a duplicate, I am terribly sorry.

My mother got the 2.1 OTA update this morning and all of her downloads (purchased and free) have disappeared. We tried to sign into google and her account is now gone as well but her account id is still there.

I figured at this point all her "free" stuff she will have to re-download. But we have been trying to use the "cant remember password" function in google and it says there is no account. Now I set the account up and wrote everything down for her so I find this mystifing.

Has this happened to anyone that received the OTA update???? Yes we tried the batter pull as well and still nothing. All her icons, widgets everything gone.

Any suggestions would be great.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I'm having terrible lag and did the 2.1 manual update. I've pulled the battery, I took off live wallpapers and nothing is working.

Any thoughts.

Thanks!

If you have a task killer on, remove it. Also some of the home replacements are creating lags. I removed mine and the lag got better but is still there. I am totally frustrated with the 2.1 update. It made my phone worse than before.