Having An Issue With 2.1 - Come In Here

justatest

Reaction score
my battery life has got worse..i tried it out for a couple of days just to be sure. i have everything set up like it was before the update & its consistently getting less than pre-2.1.

i was running live wallpapers for the first couple days & with light use, by bed time the battery was at 40% or less.

then i changed to regular wallpapers for two days, same.

before 2.1, with my usage, at bedtime it never got below 50%

but hey, f=it, i have a car charger if i need it LOL :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

I did indeed uninstall it, as well as the odd "com.cooliris..." apk that was sitting in settings\applications. Still FC's on me.[/QUOTE]Dang....

I would pull the icon into the trash/battery pull/set it on home screen again and then try it.

If that does not work I think a factory reset may be in store.

Thats really your last resort. Something is causing a conflict and you have uninstalled the known culprit(s) yet it still persists.

If I can think of anything else I'll throw it over the wall to you but it looks like you covered all the bases.

Please let me know if you get the Gallery up and running again

posprg

Reaction score
I got my OTA this weekend and all has been fine until today. It was a busy day and I got alot of emails and calls. Twice after I missed a call I recieved emails while my Visual Voice Mail notification was going off and the phone rebooted. I called tech support but they had not heard of this issue. Any one else see this kind of issue?

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
I was running my phone rooted with the Sholes app. I woke up this morning with the promp to upgrade. So I installed, what I thought was the new 2.1, but when I go to setting>About Phone>Firmware version it just say 2.0.1 Shouldn't it read 2.1 Also, now my mail icon that I was using for yahomail is missing and nowhere to be found. When I go to settings>accounts & sync it automatically reboots my phone. I a bit confused on whether I have 2.1 or what is happening. Any help would be appreciated.

nwwolf1

Reaction score
question about the news and weather app for 2.1

I like the app but when I look at the weather its always got a sun next to it even at night. Any ideas?

WOOLLECL

Reaction score
I just got the 2.1 upgrade yesterday and it has the live wallpaper, but the home screen did not change. I don't have the new dots or the 5 home screens. Is there something that i need to do? Thanks for the help

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was running my phone rooted with the Sholes app. I woke up this morning with the promp to upgrade. So I installed, what I thought was the new 2.1, but when I go to setting>About Phone>Firmware version it just say 2.0.1 Shouldn't it read 2.1 Also, now my mail icon that I was using for yahomail is missing and nowhere to be found. When I go to settings>accounts & sync it automatically reboots my phone. I a bit confused on whether I have 2.1 or what is happening. Any help would be appreciated.

You will not get the update so long as you're running a rooted phone with sholes. You need to go back to stock in order to do this.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the app but when I look at the weather its always got a sun next to it even at night. Any ideas?

Switch to Beautiful Widgets. It will cost a couple of dollars but it is real nice and your sun will go down at a reasonable time. :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just got the 2.1 upgrade yesterday and it has the live wallpaper, but the home screen did not change. I don't have the new dots or the 5 home screens. Is there something that i need to do? Thanks for the help

This upgrade only has 3 home screens, not 5. The drawer looks like the one that was on 2.0.1. That is because they had to make some modifications in order to keep Verizon happy and the build number has changed.

If you want 5 screens the helix launcher seems to be to one of choice. I haven't tried it myself.

m@tt

Reaction score
Good Morning, from what I can tell so far lost the folder called "All Pictures". I know it's probably still on the SD card will hook up usb cable and search for them. It seems to run more stable then 2.0. Yes it didn't come with the 5 screen option but by dl home+ already had it..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My husband got the update on his Droid yesterday...now he has THREE Messaging icons..how do I delete the extra two?
Can someone PLEASE tell me how to do this???

Well, if it's the stock messenger icon then you will need to take it to Verizon and have it replaced. You can't delete the stock icon without rooting the phone and since he's got 2.1 now, that's not possible. Well, it is but it's complicated. Anyway I say take it to Verizon and ask them. It's their update, the only way he could have 3 is to download two chomp and handcent from the Market.

mfechter

Reaction score
2.1 won't download

So i noticed this morning when i woke up i recieved the 2.1 update. Only problem is i've tried to download it twice and it still hasn't worked. The download bar just says downloading, no % or MB's downloaded status or anything like that. Plus i can still use the apps on my phone while it's "downloading" and i was under the impression you wouldn't be able to do that. Am i doing something wrong here? I already downloaded the update to google maps and that downloaded just fine

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So i noticed this morning when i woke up i recieved the 2.1 update. Only problem is i've tried to download it twice and it still hasn't worked. The download bar just says downloading, no % or MB's downloaded status or anything like that. Plus i can still use the apps on my phone while it's "downloading" and i was under the impression you wouldn't be able to do that. Am i doing something wrong here? I already downloaded the update to google maps and that downloaded just fine

If you're not rooted, make sure that you are in an area with a good signal or hooked up by wifi. If you continue to have issues, see your Verizon dealer. there is nothing you can do wrong unless you've already installed a ROM and are still receiving the update notification.

lorigjohn

Reaction score
My husband got the update on his Droid yesterday...now he has THREE Messaging icons..how do I delete the extra two?
Can someone PLEASE tell me how to do this???

Well, if it's the stock messenger icon then you will need to take it to Verizon and have it replaced. You can't delete the stock icon without rooting the phone and since he's got 2.1 now, that's not possible. Well, it is but it's complicated. Anyway I say take it to Verizon and ask them. It's their update, the only way he could have 3 is to download two chomp and handcent from the Market.

I guess it is the stock messaging (green smiley face)??
Do you mean have the PHONE replaced??
I just got the update and now I have TWO messaging icons on my phone?? Actually, it seems to have doubled all my icons?? When I move down (or is that up??) with the gray arrown from the home screen, I have another set of duplicate icons (but in different order??) (Phone, Camera, Email, Market, Contacts..) I did my update when they sent it to my phone this morning.
Also, I have the green gallery icon (which does not work) and my original Gallery icon on the next page which does work.