Having An Issue With 2.1 - Come In Here

TJK

Reaction score
never mind...
i restarted again... and it worked this time... i dont know what happened..
thanks anyways...

sunflowersociety

Reaction score
The Live Wallpaper seems to be doing something strange to my home screens - three times now I've used the unlock screen only to find most of the shortcuts and widgets missing. One or two will still be there but everything else is invisible. Rebooting fixes it but it just happens again shortly after. Changed off of Live Wallpaper to a static one and it hasn't happened again since.

Yes, mine has done the same thing. When I unlocked the whole page was blank until i swiped and then swiped back everything was there. Also the live walls appear to slow down the UI a tad. One time an app forced closed and the live wall changed to the last static one I had. :icon_eek: so it's a bit buggy hopefully the kinks will be smoothed out but overall very happy w/ the new gallery, & pinch zoom.

I'm not surprised that the live WPs slow down the system just surprised by how much. Went to a static one and whoa what a difference. All the more reason to overclock that sucka

Happened to mine, too. Took it off the dock after a manual 2.1, and everything was gone!:icon_eek:

Took out the battery and restarted, and everything came back, but it got this noob worrying that I bricked my phone! :)

xrstoy1

Reaction score
Extendedhome

I'm a bit nervios I have installed Extendedhome home replacement app, and ever since then I canot use the original home for 2.01, my concern is I have 7 screens I'm affraid to uninstall it incase the original still doesn'rt work then I have a problem, my concern is will it affect the OTA 2.1 update if I just leave it as is? Does anyone out there use this app and updated? Any suggestions to make sure I get a smooth update to 2.1?:mad:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit nervios I have installed Extendedhome home replacement app, and ever since then I canot use the original home for 2.01, my concern is I have 7 screens I'm affraid to uninstall it incase the original still doesn'rt work then I have a problem, my concern is will it affect the OTA 2.1 update if I just leave it as is? Does anyone out there use this app and updated? Any suggestions to make sure I get a smooth update to 2.1?:mad:

I don't believe you'll have any problems with the update. If Extendedhome is compatible with 2.1 then you shouldn't have any problems at all. But that's something we never know until the update comes. What apps remain compatible and what doesn't.

I said it earlier in the thread, (I think it was this one) you build the app for the OS, not the other way around.

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
So I did the manual update last night. This morning, when my alarm went off, there was no popup indicator about the alarm allowing for a dismissal or snooze, I had to pull down the status bar and select the alarm from there.

Anyone else have this problem?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I did the manual update last night. This morning, when my alarm went off, there was no popup indicator about the alarm allowing for a dismissal or snooze, I had to pull down the status bar and select the alarm from there.

Anyone else have this problem?

My alarm went off at 1:30 yesterday afternoon and it was the same as always. No problems at all. I had loaded 2.1 earlier in the morning.

mec6250

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you replace the icon? Put the icon in the trash can and then long press to get the menu. Select 'Application" and put back the Gallery icon. Then access it - this worked for mine

edthesped

Reaction score
My alarm worked as usual.

Anyone know if it's possible to downgrade the firmware? I'm more curious than anything but I'm not willing to try it as my forced upgrade went flawlessly.

spower

Reaction score
Anyone else having unsuccessful download in the marketplace with 2.1? The downloads work only intermittintly for me.

Where is the marketplace are you getting 2.1?

I thought it would be pushed to the phone when ready.

khelek

Reaction score
Anyone else having unsuccessful download in the marketplace with 2.1? The downloads work only intermittintly for me.

Where is the marketplace are you getting 2.1?

I thought it would be pushed to the phone when ready.

I think he's saying after updating to 2.1, he can't download apps from the Marketplace...not that he can't download 2.1 from the MP :)

Some others have reported weirdness with MP after the update, including myself. It wasn't so much downloads as much as search, force closing, and black screens of death. I think a reboot fixed the issue for me (or, the weirdness I experienced was after my first update attempt and everything was being weird. The second update attempt I did fixed a lot of it).

pjo1966

Reaction score
After I updated to 2.1, I noticed some Contacts lost their avatars. The ones that sync with Facebook are still there, but the ones I selected manually are gone. Also, I have a few Direct Dial shortcuts. The Contacts who have avatars from Facebook have the avatar as the shortcut icon. The people I've added new avatars for since the update, just show the default Droid shortcut.

cchhiipp

Reaction score
After we do the update, can/should we delete the update.zip file so it doesn't interfere with 2.2 or whatever the next update down the pipe will be?