1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Having a camera problem with my MOTO DROID

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by DJTURNz, Feb 16, 2010.

1. DJTURNz

DJTURNz Member

I seem to be having a problem with my camera or my sd card or something. My droid was just replaced due to a resetting issue. I often use my droid to take pictures of things at work to email to customers or to include in procedures.

3 times now I have taken pictures of something, then when I hook up to my usb cable, they are not there. I verified they were in the gallery before mounting, but then they were gone. When I unmount, they are not there either. Luckily the third time, I also emailed it to myself. What is going on?
  2. bastosero

bastosero New Member

That's a very unusual issue probably the first I've heard of it. Anyway, did you completely search the SD card and see if they turn up on a different folder when you connect to your computer?
  3. DJTURNz

DJTURNz Member

I looked in the camera folder and the my pics folder (carry over from my voyager). Plus when I unmount, they are not in the gallery at all.
  4. bastosero

bastosero New Member

I suggest to do a simple test then. Take several high resolution pictures with your Droid. Then, before you plug your Droid to your computer check the remaining amount of storage capacity of your SD card and remember that number or amount left. Next, plug your Droid to your computer and mount the SD card. Then explore the SD card and check the remaining amount of storage as well. See if they changed or not. If they didn't change, then the pictures must be somewhere in your SD card. If they did change, then either your Droid is automatically deleting them or something in your computer is. Let me know what happens.
  5. MM1 Payne (US Navy)

MM1 Payne (US Navy) New Member

If you have a micro Sd card reader use the adapter and plug it into the slot, when you do that and your computer finds the file then its somehow your usb cord. If it cant then your phone is saving your pictures wrong (i kinda suspect that the most). Full reset the phone and see if your problem is still there. If it is.. Time to go back to verizon beacouse you have a Grapefruit...Or was it lemon lmao +p
  6. bastosero

bastosero New Member

Yup, this is another way you can test if the problem is with the Droid itself, the USB chord, the SD card, or your computer.
  7. mjs31

mjs31 New Member

So you looked in the DCIM/Camera folder and nothing was there? Are you using the stock camera app or do you have another like fx or 5x pro? It is strange that they are missing though.

This would be an extreme long shot, but you don't have a photo app running on your computer do you? There are settings in things like Lightroom and other camera apps that can remove images from any plugged in card and then delete the files from the card. Again...this would be just a strange occurance but I have to ask.
  8. bastosero

bastosero New Member

That's a good point also. Everytime you mount your SD card and you have applications that can access it, your computer will ask you which apps you want to access it with. You might have accidentally set an application to automatically access your SD card.
  9. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

If the OP is using a different camera application besides the stock camera, maybe perhaps they are not looking in the right folder? The OP said they looked in the "camera folder" and "my pics" folder, but the camera apps will make it's own specific folder for the pics taken with that app....idk just a thought I guess
  10. DJTURNz

DJTURNz Member

I took 6 pictures and a 1minute video.

My available space went from 14.25g to 14.22G
    After hooking it up to the computer, they were not found, and after unmounting, it went back to 14.25.
  11. DJTURNz

DJTURNz Member

I am using the native camera app. the pictures are in the dcim folder. Well, they should be anyway.
  12. DJTURNz

DJTURNz Member

I just took 5 more pictures and then unmounted the sdcard, turned the phone off to remove it, and put it in my card reader. No new pictures.
    Now the card is back in. When I go to Gallery, it says "no media". When I use ASTRO, I can see all my old pics (no new ones from today).

Wow, this is pissing me off.

ETA: I just tried gallery for the 3rd time, it showed "No MEDIA" for a second, then they all popped up.
    Still none of the new pics, or video.
  13. bastosero

bastosero New Member

Do you know if you have any applications installed on you computer that could automatically access the SD card when you connect through the Droid or your media card reader? I'm leaning towards that the problem may be a software on your computer or that the SD card is defective.
  14. DJTURNz

DJTURNz Member

ETA:*not the message I wrote*

fixed below
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  15. MM1 Payne (US Navy)

MM1 Payne (US Navy) New Member

Full system wipe. its time lol
  16. DJTURNz

DJTURNz Member

Not sure why my last message posted as that again.

The only thing accessing my card reader is the "What do you want to do with the removable drive?" window.

anyway:

The phone is less than a week old. My first DROID had resetting issues and the SD card totally died.
    I got the new card and phone on Thursday (2-11-10).
Search tags for this page

droid mini camera issue

droid mini camera problems

droid mini problem with camera

how to fix camera in droid mini
how to fix camera problems in moto droid mini
how to fix my camera on my motorola droid