Havent updated in a long while... Please Help!!!

Jonathan1084

Reaction score
Hello Everyone...

I rooted my bionic a while back and installed Unl3ashedv1.4hpsys (system info: 5.5.886.xt875.verizon.en.us) and to be honest it worked well (including mobile hotspot which is very very important to me)... ever since then i didnt really keep up and though i wouldnt consider myself a noob im definetly not up to date and it is a bit overwhelming coming back into it... what are some of the most recent stable roms? Also what else would i need to do in addition to the rom (I always get confused with the radio roms and stuff like that). I have bionic bootstrap recovery and bionic box installed (if that helps?).

Thanks so much in advance...

Have a great day!

jonathan

gsDroid

Reaction score
You've got some work to do to get updated to the .902 radio/kernel. If you can get there, you'll find that stock rooted on .902 is a vast improvement over previous updates. Probably the most stable custom rom for .902 is Eclipse since it is still gingerbread and everything works. Kin3tx is also liked by many. The ICS (ice cream sandwich) roms are still a work in progress, with some things still not working, such as video recording, barcode scanner apps, and since hardware acceleration is not working yet many games and streaming videos are problematic.

There is a sticky at the top of the threads in the Motorola Droid Bionic section on this site that has instructions to get to the .902 update and get or keep root. Both the Rootzwiki and XDA forums have instructions for this also. It will involve a complete wipe/reset of your phone, but will get you back on the upgrade path should ICS be officially released for the Bionic.

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
The best update was 894. Anything else has a ton of data drops. if you need the update, let me know.

Sent from my Iced Bionic

eye_dea

Reaction score
Go back to stock by bootstrap and just take the OTA updates to 902.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited: